Manufacturers @ WHFTA

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by TheWhiteDragon, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TheWhiteDragon

TheWhiteDragon Member

im fairly sure its not just me..
    but were many others miffed that Brocock where the only manufacturer to turn up at the worlds ?

all that space at the top, perfect area next to the plinking range for them to show us the latest toys and nothing.. if it wasnt for Brococks stand i dont think i bought anything other than coffees and a pasties..

dont get me wrong im not blaming anyone, im just a bit miffed that they didnt think we were worth coming down for..

last year we had daystate, air arms, brocock, best fittings and a few others.

i understand they cannot sell direct at the show, but they can take orders,
    they can promote the gear, they can sell the odds & sods like gun bags/pellets etc.

not all the gun shops have a range for trying out the new rifles, most only stock a few variety's,
    it was the perfect opportunity for them to really show us what they have, what they do, what they are working on.

:shot::shot::shot::shot::shot:
    maybe if enough people make some noise they will see the error of there ways and come back to the Worlds.
    :shot::shot::shot::shot::shot:

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

It's the fair, nothing to do with WHFTA or the Worlds. The Worlds is a side show to the Kelmarsh fair, same as the Euro's is for the Midland.

3. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    It was said to me that the reason for the lack of airgun exhibitors at Kelmarsh was the February Shooting Show. plus the cost of the pitches.

4. dimmer0707

dimmer0707 Member

And all them tyre kicking HFT shooters :rolleyes:

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I may drink all Daves tea and eat all the biscuits but I always buy something from him at the Midland - Lighters, mugs, thermal cups, sunshades for stag do's etc etc!:D

6. dimmer0707

dimmer0707 Member

True mate true :D

7. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    On the upside the pasties were fantastic, these exhibitor stands tend to be full of complete tat or twats dressed like a tree!

8. TheWhiteDragon

TheWhiteDragon Member

gotta say they were good pasties :p
    no missing horses reported either..

9. the hairy angler

the hairy angler New Member

Club:
    Quarry
    manufacturers

Oi !!! Who are you calling a **** dressed as a twee. it was more like a Michelin man dressed as a tree the number of layers I had on.

On a serious note I had a chat with Best fittings last year whilst buying a fittings kit. They were disappointed at the lack of sales. I pointed out that within their publicity budget they advertise in various mags. I feel that the publicity value of having a stand at the Worlds is often forgotten.

I do feel it is a shame that our UK manufacturers do not make an appearance...even though they provide valuable sponsorship. :rolleyes::shot:

10. stillwater

stillwater Well-Known Member

Club:
    Misfits
    I was informed by a reputable source that the air gun trade where offered free pitches as long as they covered the cost of the Marques, so it doesn't sound like it was a cost thing.
    Maybe next year they could have one big Marque next to the WHFTA booking in area, and have all the air gun trade stands in there together.