Mad monthly

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Old slider, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Omg,wtf,who kept moving the targets lol,well done to the course setters
    Vinnie and john,nicely placed to take full advantage of gale force winds,well done to all class winners,I myself am going to find a wind tunnel to get my head round it,
    Mind you it does help if you shoot the correct target arghhhh,my
    Shooting companions were conspicuously quiet while I was doing twister to
    Get on the target,just kidding,see you all at next one.

Ian

2. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    Thanks Ian , took the three of us 2 days to rip out all the old stuff and start from scratch under the careful guidance of Doppa,
    You would not believe how much you learn from course setting , number one , if you have short term memory loss like me , treat every target as tho someone else set it , reason why , ? You can spend a lot of time on one target then get the horrors on wondering if it is the one you think it is ,
    quite funny really ,setters advantage ? Give it a go, didnt do the three of us any good :lev, if you take up the challenge , every time someone says that , you will smirk with dismay :confused:

Thought there would be loads of donuts when the wind picked up unexpectedly overnight , quite a few , but there was an overwhelming aurora of satisfaction I think , bit of brow wiping and all that , never heard one complaint , thats good !
    Thanks for all who turned up and helped make it a great day , especially the new faces , caterers, and the people who travelled a fair distance

3. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Vinny. It was one of the best courses I have shot in a long while. Probably one of the toughest courses ever set at M.A.D.

4. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Very good course, cheers guys.
    Many thanks to Richard B and Dop, good shooting fellas!

5. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    good course today and well done all involved but I'm sorry I'm not avin it , funny how I see a pattern where by often a course setter does better at a course they've set out but not aswell elsewhere, Vinny you may be an exception and have really bad memory but if I set a course out I would know what the ranges were.
    However Knowing the ranges is only half the story .
    I'm not having a go at course setters here ,I take my hat off to every one of them.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  6. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D
    :)
    remember when you turned up at the end of one set and helped mè on a couple of targets, on the day you were one peg behind me , we both missed em , there you go , as said, do a course and see how you fair , gauntlet thrown , be really good to have more helpers , tbh its more stressfull shooting pegs youve set:

AND I look at the targets I find the most awkward to rangefind for my zero 25yds , its really good to look at range traps that catch people out, tunnelsthat taper in to a reduced target , **** a couple of ladders or light coloured logs on the deck halfway that accentuate the taper , all the history on the head , but we all know that dont we (subliminal) , theres loads of tricks that you can employ ask dop ! Hes the DADDY , TREE MEISTER

7. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I remember the target 45yds but anyone would of guessed that it looked far , range was right but wind took my shot right, I remember it and that was nearly a year ago. thats why I said, " knowing range is only half the story".

8. vinny

Club:
    M.A.D

9. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I'm available most mondays;):D after the worlds