MAD ANGLO-BENELUX RESULTS

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RICHARD WOODS, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RICHARD WOODS

RICHARD WOODS Member

Club:
    MAD
    A big thank you to our sponsors for this event (BeNeLux HFT, UKAHFT, WHFTA and Derwent Rifles), who gave some top prizes away for our raffle, it was very much appreciated. Also thanks to everyone for turning up on a Saturday, particularly our friends from overseas, I hope it was worth the journey?
    A fun day was seen to be had by all and with little or no wind and a pretty easy course, the big scores were sure to come rolling in?
    No, not at all, in fact, other than Jill, everyone was pretty much rubbish!
    The strangest thing happened during the shoot off for 2nd place, whereby Andy Simpson suddenly became overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation he'd found himself in and promptly fainted! Upon recovery, he stated that shoot off's were too stressful for him, as they included standing shots! What a wanchor.
    Also Rex Bennetts gun was mysteriously out of zero, as usual. I'm sure he actually thinks that people believe the twaddle he comes out with?
    The results are below

JILL COCHRANE 55
    CHARLES PEAL 54
    DARREN QUINCEY 54
    ANDY SIMPSON 54
    JAMES WINFIELD 52
    RICHARD WOODS 52
    PETER GEMERT 51
    ROGER DIBBENS 51
    GARY CHILLINGWORTH 50 SPRINGER
    HARRY KALAYDJIAN 50 SPRINGER
    CHRIS THEODOULOU 50
    HOWARD KALISCH 50
    PAUL WINFIELD 49
    JEFF PALMER 49
    MATTHEW GREEN 49
    NIGEL BUCHAN 49 VETERAN
    RICHARD BAILEY 49
    NEIL WAKELIN 49 SPRINGER
    INGRID GEMERT 48 LADIES
    JOHN WEAVER 47
    RON WHITNEY 47 VETERAN
    JUSTIN RAYNOR 47
    FINN COCHRANE 46 VETERAN
    BOB TRUETT 45 VETERAN
    AARON DAY 45 JUNIOR
    DANNY ROFF 45 SPRINGER
    SIMON VANT 45 SPRINGER
    NICK ORR 45
    GLEN PICKARD 45
    ANDY DAY 44SPRINGER
    ROY PEARCE 44 VETERAN
    BARBARA PEARCE 44 VETERAN
    MEL WAKELIN 44 LADIES
    ROEL RUYJTERS 44
    JASON LOCKETT 44
    PHIL STANLEY 43 VETERAN
    JAKE DAY 43 SPRINGER
    KEITH WARBURTON 43 SPRINGER
    BILL CHAPLIN 43 VETERAN
    ALAN AGER 43
    PAUL WETTON 42
    MIKE AVERILL 42
    SHAUN EUSTACE 42
    PAUL BURT 41 SPRINGER
    LEON PEUTE 41
    CALLUM QUINCEY 41 JUNIOR
    ALEX VOGT 40
    STEVE EDMONDSON 40 .22
    JASON HAIR 40
    RICHARD KNIGHT 40
    REX BENNETT 39
    LINDA O'MALLEY 38 LADIES
    STEVE ARNOLD 38 VETERAN
    JORDAN HAIR 37 JUNIOR
    JENNIE STONE 36
    JOHN MODE 36
    MIRIJAM STARK 36 LADIES
    TERRY PANKHURST 35 VETERAN
    LARA KNIGHT 33 .22 LADIES
    JAY MODE 33 JUNIOR
    MANUEL DEROSE 24 SPRINGER
    QUINTY DEROSE 13 LADIES
    SANDRA DEROSE 11 LADIES

pbrown likes this.
  2. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Active Member

Club:
    SARC - MAD
    Great day and awesome challenging course

3. harry

harry Member

Loved it and a fantastic course as always and I always learn something new at mad and yet again it was that Rex"s zero was out :D
    See you all on Sunday.

4. Ron Whitney

Ron Whitney Member

Great course as always well done Richard and staff

5. gold682

gold682 Member

Club:
    Springfield
    Yep great course put on as always Dop. Haven't I seen that xmas tree in the McDonalds ad "like getting your monies worth"? :D

Rex's..... ZERO .......OUT? No! I can't believe that. :rolleyes:

RICHARD WOODS likes this.
  6. rex&amy

rex&amy Active Member

you may mock and scorn but actually it wasn't just because my zero was out. Ive identified because its an old mk 1 barrel the cocking shoe had to be modified and this has generated an issue with a leaky breach seal, I think its fixed now. ;-)

7. PaulB

PaulB Member

Club:
    LV
    You got me interested now Rexy. How does the Cocking shoe interfere with the Breach seal? Ones under the cylinder and the other at the end of it.

8. BEESA

BEESA Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    It would think the cocking shoe would stop the piston travelling it’s full distance Paul ? Causing it not to seal properly making it leak . Low on power was it Rex mate ? Just my thoughts so probably wrong

9. rex&amy

rex&amy Active Member

You are totally correct buddy. The cocking lever sits into the cocking shoe. when you close the lever it is supposed to draw the comp tube along the action until it compress the seal just by a fraction of a mm to allow any air pressure to force the pellet down the barrel. The problem is that I replaced the cocking shoe about a month ago to stop sideways movement and when I bought it and went to fit it. I found the cocking lever didnt fit into it, so I had to open it slightly with a file. It was working but then as the breach seal wasn't quite sealed I placed some waxed cotton thread under it as a spacer and it was fine for a while. Of course I didnt give it a second thought as it has been really performing well and then I had some problems obtaining a zero but bare in mind I have been working on the gun indoors and put at least two tins of pellets through it into a packet of nappies in the front room whilst watching telly. This has crushed the thread and led to poor sealing. This is why the pellet grouping can be all over the place as its a 22mm conversion and therefore less volume than standard so any leaks have a much bigger impact. I have rectified my error now and will monitor it but good old Tony Leach has suggested that I send him my action and he will engineer a more permanent solution cos he's good like that. But I think my fix will allow me to keep shooting and see how long it lasts.

But all of this sounds like feeble excuses for poor shooting and to be honest I did DNF on the card but someone thought it more fun to put my scores up to humiliate me. Sunday at MAD will see if its fixed wont it.

steve1000 likes this.
  10. fastnick

fastnick Non-stop party animal

Club:
    Mile Oak
    Having been educated at a school where we studied Latin rather than woodwork or metalwork ("media studies" had yet to be invented back in those days!), I have to say that I haven't got a clue as to the inner workings of an air rifle or what you are on about, Rex.......

But I'm glad you got to the bottom of your rifle issues - well done that man! :)

rex&amy likes this.
  11. RICHARD WOODS

RICHARD WOODS Member

Club:
    MAD
    Rex, we don't do DNF at MAD, you've got to learn to embrace your score, regardless, it'll make a man out of you. Besides, shooting 29 targets, realizing that you've shot sh1t and then pulling out of the competition is bad etiquette and unfair on your fellow shooters.
    See you Sunday fella.
    Dop.

gold682, Phil Kennett and rex&amy like this.
  12. rex&amy

rex&amy Active Member

i hear you Dop but I decided after the first target something was very wrong. Now I know the score.

13. blackscale

blackscale Member

Not much moral support there from spiderboy.... leading by intimidation and ridicule, not very sporting old chap, poor old Rex is a bit of a shrinking violet leave him alone you bully..

rex&amy likes this.
  14. RICHARD WOODS

RICHARD WOODS Member

Club:
    MAD
    Brutality and truth run hand in hand fella, Rex will be a better man after his recovery. :D