Lost the enjoyment

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Sadly it feels more like a chore most times shooting now,why does this happen?Anyway I think I will take a break,already stopped the HFT just to see if it would improve my appetite re.ft,but it hasn't sadly:(Due to this I think I'm going to try to clear some guns starting with the ones I didn't use when I enjoyed shooting.
    1st is a Ripley AR5S .177 I have two stocks for this (Gary Cane)I know someone that wants the laminate but if someone wants the gun in the laminate I'll have to sell it:eek:It will be cheaper in the walnut one ;)
    2nd is my ISP Airstream again .177 absolutely as new condition as it must have been outside twice.

I know how much is my gun worth threads are a pain but I'm really struggling to price these especially the ISP.
    Any thoughts/help much appreciated
    I'll probably keep the scope and butt hook

Steve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Hello Steve,
    I went through exactly the same thing last year mate. Personal things were taking the fun out of shooting for me and last September I sold everything.
    A word of the wise mate, keep something you like because as I've found out to my expense after a good break I'm back enjoying HFT as much as ever but having to start buying new kit is difficult.
    Good luck anyway mate....hope to see you back at it soon.

Dave

3. rich

rich Active Member

Keep the gear and take up another shooting activity.

Years ago I was all into rabbit bashing, the last decade has seen mostly FT, and now I'm doing more indoor shooting I can easily see that might be the direction I'll pursue for a few years. However I still take a rifle out for the odd rabbit and pigeon sortie when the occasion arises and I think I enjoy those sessions more because they are fewer.

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I think we all have those stages, I know I did 12 years ago. I was not enjoying competition shooting as well a few other things. I did keep all my rifles as I thought it would have been more expensive to buy new at a later date.

Took about 4 years before I started to get the itch again and finding a good mate who also was looking for a companion to go shooting with I got back into it. I would like to take it seriously but find I get better scores when I just enjoy the shooting. Have also started to do 10m rifle shooting (not seriously) to keep me on my toes with technique. However my scores are terrible(1 or 2 out of 5 in the black part of a rifle target :( ) but I will get better.

By all means trim down the collection but do not get rid of them all. I now do with just 3 guns, 2 Ripleys and a Rapid MK2

5. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Nice guns !

How about sell the rifles and buy something else , that may get you back into it . A few weeks ago I was sorting out all my kit and was going to sell up but now things are really looking up , I am very positive and enjoying my shooting again .

atvb

Dave

6. Richard Shaw

Richard Shaw It was windy....

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    PM sent re ISP Mk 3.:)

7. Steve

Steve Member

Cheers guys:)I will keep some stuff as I do have quite a few;)But I didn't really use these so just makes sense to let these go first.
    I also have just found this FWB 300 SU,it has a small crack in the stock but has never got any worse in the years I've had it as I opened it up and glued it,I'll put a price of £200 on it plus postage but would prefer f2f we have quite a few at Fwb's at rivi and I think this is the best blueing I've seen.Where the sticker is to left of it is the offending crack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also has FWB diopter;)

8. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    I know how you feel Steve, I shot the FT circuit for a few years and got fed up with the travelling so i have taken a year out, sold the PCP's and built a FT springer to have some fun with at the club..Plus I have taken up another Hobby that I had 18 years ago..:)

9. Whitecross

Whitecross New Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Steve

I will look after them for you, while you recover, they will feel at home with the Walther and Prosport.:D

10. Steve

Steve Member

I'm sure you would John:Dwould you be able to make room for the Barley twister aswell:D

11. Whitecross

Whitecross New Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Oh, yes please,:D and at the same time is there not another Walther floating around somewhere.:D

12. evboy

evboy Member

selling all my guns

hi steve give u grand for the lot mate then you can buy a bow & arrow i like the rn10 :shot:> come on mate chin up :) i know its raining:confused: what we going to do about ten meter indoor if you are not with us mate . from the badge man:eek:

13. nollie

nollie New Member

your inbox is full pm sent m8 do not sell anything that you'll regret

14. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    It is funny, all the suggestions people have come up with for Steve he either has done it, had the gun or done the discipline. He also has a few others I think lol.

Steve, I hope you will be back to it soon enough.

I quite like the look of the 007, shame it is a right hander.

15. James0807

James0807 Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I like your shrewd tactics John lol.

Cheers.

16. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    bow and arrows just as much fun as air rifles
    Have a border black douglas super swift :D

Gary

17. raygun

raygun Non member

Steve,
    Just have a break for a bit.

Join a Tiddly Wink club and bore yourself to bits. After that return to shooting :D

ATB
    Ray.

18. Steve

Steve Member

Nah,I've always fancied a hovercraft;):D

19. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Steve

You are going through exactly what happened to me over four years ago - I was bored, fed up, knew that every Saturday and Sunday meant another shoot and I had just got to where I wanted to be competitively ....and then someone sold me an LP10 pistol, and the rest is, as they say, history. There is no law to say that the hobby you choose has to be for life, just make sure that you are doing it for the right reasons and that is the most important thing - one thing you can be sure of, when you leave the sport, you will be able to count your true friends on one hand.....with at least three fingers amputated :)

Lee

20. Jon

Jon Member

Same here the last two years, fed up of the travelling to shoot respectable courses, so stay local and cant be bothered to get gun out car.