Lookng to come back to shooting.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Lofty, May 22, 2012.

1. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Hi All,
    New to the forum, but not new to air rifle shooting, used to do FT.

Had a lay off for a few years now ( did a lot of scuba) but hankering to start shooting again.

Been looking around for a gun, but would like genuine opinions of a few that are on my short list.

In no particular order....

Hammerli AR20 Ft, AA MPR FT, HW101 yes the 101 rarer than hen's teeth apparently.

I'll probably go the HFT route first with a bit of vermin control thrown in.

I'd prefer single shot, rather than magazine fed and regulated if possible, appreciate that the 400's not.

Anyway, all comments appreciated on any of the above OR anything that you guys may think suitable.

Hope you don't mind if I ask what may appear to be daft questions in the near future.

Thanks for your time.

Lofty.

Edit:- spelling error.

2. jedi020

jedi020 Red Dwarf

Club:
    Dunfermline Arc .... Juniper Green Arc
    hi lofty im the same just got back into shooting after a 10 year break when i was using a rn10...

i was thinking along the same lines as you mpr ft/ar20ft and ended up with a hw100k great little gun and very acurate mines runs a hawke sr12...

im doing hft now as ft seems to be dying a death in scotland and im finding the challange of hft top class really have got the bug for it..

anyway im sure theres loads of chaps on here that will point you in the rite direction....

p/s welcome to the forum

james

3. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Hello Lofty,

I have a Ar20 and it is a very accurate and good rifle, however, it is a bit front heavy and the cocking is a bit tricky.

The MPR is a great rifle and was used by the 2010 world champion Mark Wall,

The HW101, in my opinion is the best of the three, I had one on test and it was extreamly accurate and out of the three, it is the only one that is regulated.

If you pop along to Maldon AGC, I will brig the AR20 for you to try and I know a few people with MPR's and Hw101's

All the best

Gary

PS, check out the new edition of Airgunner (out in a few days), there is a review of the HW101 for HFT

4. milek

milek Member

Club:
    Nomads
    AR20 is regulated I believe.

5. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Yes, you are correct, I shall now go and beat myself with a wet copy of Airgun world:D

6. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Hi Jedi,
    Thanks for the info. Had the pro-target myself with a Mk3 reg then had a Daystate CRX which was awesome I have to say.

Kind regards,
    Lofty.

7. Lofty

Lofty Member

Club:
    Iceni
    Hi Scutter,
    Thanks for the heads up on the HW101. Might well take you up on the offer as you're not to far away. I'll PM you to confirm.

Kind regards,
    Lofty

8. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Member

I think I bought your crx!