Logun Solo .177

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Tin Chicken 101, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Tin Chicken 101

Tin Chicken 101 Air Arms S400 Classic 177

In my local gun shop there is a Logun Solo .177 with scope and sound mod, for £300. I love the finish on the stock and the general look of it. One thing a few people have said about is the free floating barrel, is this a problem? Seems a very nice PCP and good value for money. Is it good for HFT and hunting e.g. rabbits and pigeons?

2. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I owned a .22 version briefly (I won it) and I have to say that it was a nice rifle to use.

A few members of the club I belong to have them and are generally very pleased with them, they have had them a while now too. I wouldn't think a free floating barrel is going to be a problem.

I couldn't say what to expect to pay for a second hand version though, sorry.

3. Weevie

Weevie Banned

Check the serial number. If it's above 6000 you'll probably be okay. If it's below,, I'd give it a wide berth if I were you.

Here's Ora8i's page about the Logun Solo. http://www.ora8i.rivington-riflemen.org/Solo-page.html

I had an early model and it just wouldn't group. I thenh sent it back and Logun sent me a replacement saying there was a problem with the action. I never found out what the replacement could do as I never developed any confidence in the rifle and sold it on.

Personally I'd suggest forgetting the Logun Solo and start looking for a second hand S200. You'll not have any worries with one of those! ;)

4. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

Thanks all for this recent info and any from previous posts, we have got him a S400 today.That should keep him quiet for a while ahh peace, saying that though I did see Sharon paying an interest in it earlier more so after she hit a bottle top at 25 yds standing position, I see another gun on the way.

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Member

And we had a good chat while you were buying the S400. :D

Jonathan

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Good choice Sean, even I admit that the AA400 is a good gun (Just Daystates are better):p:p:D Sorry not been up was ill the only weekend I could make it:mad: I've got Comps over the next three weekends :rolleyes::D so its going to be a while:(

7. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

Long chat Jonathan, it was nearly 3 hours really nice to meet you both see you soon, sean

8. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

Thats OK Chris you wont recognise the place, we have just finished opening up and clearing the rest of the wood area today, its looking good. See you soon Sean.

PS As for the AA v Daystate the other gun we looked at was Chris Combes old Daystate, I think Sharon may have taken a shine to it.

9. JAGXKRS

That is a hell of a gun bag it quick;)

10. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

Yes, but if I do buy it she may start beating me, many years ago she was the first girl venture scout to win the trophy for air rifle shooting against shooters from the whole of Scotland. However the next time they come over with it I will have another look at it.

PS we are going to open this coming BH Monday, bit late notice but a group of 7 HFTers called,they are at a comp Sunday and want to shoot again Monday,if you are around come on over, also you may be able to mention it to anyone over the weekend who fancies it.

Cheers Sean

11. JAGXKRS

I'm at Treetops Sunday for the Comp so I'll put the word around:D