Links from media back to forum posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Adam, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    When I log onto the forum there is the strip of photos along the top, a sample of the latest media uploaded in various albums. Often I'll see an image and want to read the thread where it was posted. It might be event photos, or a sales thread or just an intriguing image. I know not all images in albums are linked on a thread but it would be really useful if on the media page it would show a list of any back-links, i.e. posts or threads which link to this media.

Just wondering if this is possible in the forum software?

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I wish it was.

I logged this with the developers some time ago but they haven't responded with a solution yet.

Seems logical doesn't it...

The update we're doing isn't finished. There's a stage 2 planned which I'm hoping will provide a solution in a slightly different form. I just wanted some time for the forum to settle before adding it. Essentially there shouldn't be any change to the forum per se but there will hopefully be some enhancements to other areas.

Adam likes this.
  3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The best thing for now is to see if the image has any tags at the top and see if that brings up the thread.

4. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Cheers Rob

5. eyewitnesss

eyewitnesss Government Spy

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    My solution is if you hoover the mouse over the Media, the title of the thread comes up at the bottom but clicking this only shows one photo and not the thread,
    Looking under the photo shows who posted it copy and paste the name to the search forums option under POSTED BY MEMBER then pick the thread that has the title shown when you hovered over the media this brings up the complete thread.
    A long way round but it works for now ?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018