LGU wandering zero

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by Cooper_dan, Mar 1, 2019.

1. steve1000

steve1000 Member

Club:
    Wendover, North Oxon
    Can't fault mine, very happy with them :D

2. FPoole

FPoole Active Member

Maccari has three stainless steel brackets left, last time I checked the Air Rifle Headquarters site. Look under today's specials.

3. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    Very nice parts , though as I have a custom stock, I like to fit the bracket before the screw holes go in , and spot through the stock to make sure they are in the correct place .

4. garym

garym Active Member

Well I had a try with Adam's method today.
    I cannot follow simple guidelines! Rifle will not fire :eek:. What a ham fisted clown I am.
    I will resume trigger antics at the weekend. o_O;)
    Still a great rifle, just not responsive to my tinkering.

5. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Well the above worked for my 2 LGUs and 1 LGV each with both standard and aftermarket triggers but as always YMMV :)
    It also assumes the screws are in more or less the factory position with the mahoosive first stage.

Maybe the 3-4 full turns was too much in your case.

garym likes this.
  6. garym

garym Active Member

Yes mate you are correct, I never factored it the previous owners tinkering. I appreciated the input, I tinkered, I stumbled :). It is a great learning curve.
    All will be ok with the LGU this weekend.

Adam likes this.
  7. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    It really does help to fiddle with these out of the gun as how to go about setting them up becomes much clearer. Or a reasonable substitute is having a picture of the mechanism to hand while adjusting. That second screw dictates how the 2nd stage break feels. For a glass rod snap you want it to touch the sear at the point that the sears are on the cusp of tripping but not quite teetering on the edges.

There is a little hole in the side of the trigger unit to see the sear engagement but it would be even better to have another hole to see how and when the grub screws are touch the sear. At some point I might get the dremel and files out. :) Unfortunately without that it does mean you need 3 hands to keep all the pins in place and stop things pinging into the dark corners.

garym likes this.