LGU Trigger.

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by mikeyblue, Jul 13, 2018.

1. mikeyblue

mikeyblue Member

Hi,

I have a LGU which is damn accurate. The only thing is the trigger pull weight. Have read loads on this trigger and have tried all the usual suggestions. The trigger breaks clean it's just the amount of weight it needs. It is still much heavier than I would like.

Has anyone changed out the trigger spring for a lighter one? I'm thinking this could help.

Kind Regards ,

Mikey.

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Two things you can try without spending money. 1 remove the spring at the front of the trigger. It does nothing apart from add a little weight and stop it slopping around when uncocked.
    2 reverse the main trigger weight spring behind the trigger so the top hat is uppermost against the sear. This allows the spring to drop down inside the thread and decreases the preload a lot.

3. mikeyblue

mikeyblue Member

Thanks Adam spot on!

Will give that a try, sounds just like what I'm after.

Mikey.

4. springboy

springboy Member

Did a similar thing with the rear spring. I cut a couple of coils off the spring and it has made a big difference to the weight of the second stage.

5. pelletcaster

pelletcaster New Member

1 You may do it, I wouldn't.
    2 Don't do it as the spring may bite into the threads preventing any further setting.

I change this trigger weight spring against one out of a biro cut to fit. Cut end with the small top hat goes down to the set screw and the uncut end up to the sear.
    Works a treat.

6. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I use this simple strategy to avoid that: screw the grubscrew in very slowly and carefully. If it starts to bite, stop and wind it out again. ;)

Thus far no problems at all. Once you've got to a weight you're happy with it then can sit there for ever more and can't bite into the threads. I suspect there isn't enough room anyway.