1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG400 - Upcoming Power Mod & Close Up pics

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. spurlos69

spurlos69 New Member

Hello from Ukraine.

As soon as I'll get results in upcoming power modification — I'll post them.

Ask me anything if you want.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Thanks for letting us know your results....with pictures of modifications and results :D would be soooooo appreciated.

Cheers !

4. spurlos69

spurlos69 New Member

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Waheyy ! Let's uncork some champagne !!!:D:D:D:D

Did you try and do 16 Joules !?

If not, how difficult/easy to get 16J. ???

Also, the barrel rifling is for 10 meters...have you tried targets at 10, 20,30,40 and 50 meters for accuracy ?

Any pics much appreciated !

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Ok, just checked out the link...appears a new regulator is bolted on...am on IPad, so no translation to understand for da moment.

From the pics Spurloss has posted on his forum, am no engineer, I presume a shorter regulator for smaller amount of air volume needs to be made ?

If that's the case my order is in for the rifle and regulator...remains to be seen how the 10m barrel performs at distances of 10 to 55/60 yards....so I guess I'll wait for the pics to see what it does at 21J.

Anyone thinking the same like me ? Ie: itching for the pics before getting the LG400 :D ?

7. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    i would say matey its the amount of air volume 16j would need less than 21j bit more than 7 joule bit like how the p70 works put a bigger resivor in and up see goes,so it would need a bigger reg than 7 j model,steyr dont need the bigger res due to the regs are different with more or less bell view washers from 7 joules to 16 joules and 21 joules,the res is the same size on lg110/lg100 etc

8. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  9. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
  10. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Have already asked & awaiting reply about some of the following options from my source(s):

1. Walther LG300 barrel for 16J rifling, to be wrapped in silver carbon (thats what I'd want), but will it fit into LG400 action ? (notice: LG300 carbon barrel probably has same diameter, but there is a rubber washer on it...so am not sure they are necessarily the same diameter or length to fit, and whether the rubber washer once removed makes any difference on the LG400 action for pressure leakage & performance etc..)

2. Walther LG400 Silver carbon barrel, made to same length as LG300 16J rifling & length (more expensive option...not sure Walther is interested in going down this route)

3. HW100 - am curious about his results for accuracy once the guy does this, and post pics on pellet groupings...this is NOT necessarily the route I want to take...I prefer option 1.

4. Per your suggestion / option..

5. Custom made Leupys BSA barrel

Remains to be seen what Spurlos69 does with his experimentation & post results..

ATB
    :D

11. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  12. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Just got confirmation from a source, that the batch of LG300 barrels a la carbon wrap coming directly from Walther factory is piss poor in accuracy terms :eek: !? ...perhaps this could be down to old inventory, but that's speculation on my part...

It actually means, I will need to explore some other options, when the time comes...

13. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    ...and I forgot another option :rolleyes:

...perhaps the NEW super long Steyr barrel with sexy moderator ? They are a virtual aesthetic match made in heaven ! :D:D:D:D:D:D

14. spurlos69

spurlos69 New Member