LG400 to 12 ft/lb - 16J ? > Awaiting official Walther reply...

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Nov 2, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Reply to my question to my #1 supplier of Walther kit :

Ref: Exchange LG400 regulator, for the standard 16J LG300 Regulator (?)

" Hello,

I just got of the phone with the export manager from Walther and he couldn't tell me for sure but he thought that it might be possible. He's gonna ask his technicians and he will get back to me tomorrow.

We are actually the only gun dealer in the world I think who already has all the available models of the LP400 and the LG400 on display and I can tell you, these guns are absolutely stunning.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to sell them until january."
    ...I wonder why :confused:

I also requested they take some real close up pics, and photos of the actual gun from all angles in their shop...

Will keep you posted as soon as I get updated info & pics.
    :D

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    They don't shoot bad either;)

Pete

3. Globalstar66

Globalstar66 Member

Just got off the phone to the engineers at Walther.

They are extremely busy making sure the 10m rifle is working properly, and to try and build as many of them as possible to satisfy demand.

They told me that because the rifle was so new, they actually did not know how much effort and parts would be involved to see if it could be made to do FT well.

They suspect that a longer barrel would be needed, new reg and new striker pin...and maybe some more mods.

As they don't have one which they could "experiment with at this time, it's hard to say what all would be needed...

So at this time nothing positive....maybe sometime next year, but not now.

Cheers

Robbie

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Update

My shop in Holland got a reply from Walther:

"According to Walther it's not possible, this is what they wrote me " It is not possible to change the power of the LG400 because its internal rifles parts are not adequate for high power"

Am guessing Mr. JH 'da Guru !' will get his hands on one of these LG400 from myself, Robbie, or however else, blinks first ??? ! :D

if you read between the lines, am speculating Walther are not saying it cannot be done..they are simply stating the current internals are 7.5J rated, and that the chamber is probably currently too small volume wise to get more "Oommph" power...which suggest scalloping out some alu to create more "V" and or possibly tweaking the regulator at the same time ??? (am no engineering mechanic, so anyone deduce that ?)...and adding a beefier spring & hammer ???

:D:D:D Fingers crossed...:D

:cool:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010