Lg400 @ 12ft/lbs

Discussion in 'Walther' started by rickysdaystate, Nov 18, 2012.

1. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    I believe that there are now 3 lg400s that have been tuned to 12ft/lbs. just asking if anyone has been lucky enough to shoot one? What are they like compared to the lg300? :cool:

2. ft.ee

ft.ee Lofty

Club:
    TFTC
    I've had a couple of shots with mine. The absorber works as advertised. The muffler is really good albeit a simple one. I reversed the lever so I push it down to load.
    First impression - never had 2 shots in a single hole the first time you shoot a rifle.
    Heads up - remove the factory copper scrub screws from the muffler and put proper steel ones in there. I broke the hex slot in mine but luckily it anchored the muffler while I was at it.

Compared to LG300... Sound, loading, absorber - feels like an improvement. Accuracy I can not complain about.

3. Jon

Jon Member

Sorry cant disagree more, more a case of unlucky to shoot one.
    Still got one here from March last year and took to North Oxon GP 2012.

Sound absolutely atrocious and shoot about as bad as the sound.
    Biggest blunder is the loading, you cannot get a JSB 7.9 to push in to the barrel without tipping rifle down then closing bolt. 8.4gr hit and miss whether flip over 180 degrees while closing bolt.

In all its just a dressed up LG200 from the 90's with minimal change in a backward direction, stick with your LG300's.

4. ft.ee

ft.ee Lofty

Club:
    TFTC
    The pellet's head is smaller than the skirt so the pin does slide it in sort of skirt dangling but I've yet to capture a shot pellet to see whether that has any effect. It was but a minute to getting used to the loading.
    The pin's needle-tip slides back and shows the red stripe once pellet is in and that has been a time saver when you loose focus and need to know whether loading happened or not. Whether the fat pin of 300 or the needle-tip of 400 - I have no preferences since the sliding happens in both models.

Bad sound? I'll post a pic as soon as I can so my "muffler" gets a visual representation. Indoors it makes a slight pop but in the wild it's least noticeable (compared to whoever was at the test lanes at the time).

5. ft.ee

ft.ee Lofty

Club:
    TFTC
  6. Jon

Jon Member

Took this to North Oxon GP last year no one twigged what it was.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
  8. ft.ee

ft.ee Lofty

Club:
    TFTC
    I got it that way. With sleeves I would smell even worse in a 25+ Celcius weather when it is just about to rain (still, damp air).

But even without the sleeves it still helps, according to me. Dunno about other folks but I get the jitters when I'm hungry and on my 4th hour up the competition. This kind of lets you relax a bit. Keeps shoulder-line and hips in a not-so-loose relation while doing kneelers and standers. In theory anyways :) Wearing it full time would be a challenge tho.

---

Jon. Describe the riser you have, please.

9. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I did ... ;)

10. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I wear my Monard full time even with 35 ÂșC but a tight shirt with some top grip will do almost the same the exception is the elbow pad against the body that helps to lock on the standers.

11. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Nice looking rifle..

Even I have to. Say that looks quite nice..

Would look better wrapped in a bit of lovely walnut though...

Berty

12. JTK

JTK New Member

13. Jon

Jon Member

With the massive tubed 40mm IOR on.

14. ft.ee

ft.ee Lofty

Club:
    TFTC
    JTK,
    the hamster has two quick clamping levers. You can adjust the hamster on the fly - no problem. The middle piece is also fixed by a ball plunger on both ends so one can conf the setup as required without the whole thing tangling about.
    Packing the gear for transport is also easier - loosen the clamps, click the hamster against the stock and the rifle takes half the height it used to.
    The wooden piece is quite short. I'll be ordering a larger one some time this year...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013