lg110 power

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by rickysdaystate, May 29, 2012.

1. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    what power do you run your lg110 at? i am shooting 4.52 jsb pellets at 10.5 ft/lbs and it seems deadly accurate, idealy i would like it shooting about 11.5ft/lbs however if this might affect the accuracy slightly i dont think ill bother.
    i havent taken a full test of the rifle yet at different ranges, so i dont know what the power curve is like, but at 35yards it seems to group very well- better than the Walther

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    I run mine at 768fps, and it seems to be more consistent around this than at higher velocities.
    Why do you want to run it at 785fps, it wont be as sweet to shoot and you will only shave a click or two off at 55yrds. I wont cut through the wind any noticably better either.

3. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    What Conor said ;) before following his advice my 110 was set to run at the 795 i was running my Daystate at and i found the Steyr was VERY inconsistent. I now run it at 770/775 and it shoots sweetly and within 5fps every time over the chrono (weighed pellets)

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

I run my Steyrs at 765-770 and they shoot sweet as a nut :) At that speed I get 3-5fps variation with weighed pellets, at 790 I found I'd get a slightly larger variation in fps spread, nothing major but for the sake of 20fps and staying nicely within the legal limit I much prefer to run at the lower speed :)

5. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    I take it you're using something like Exact Expresses at those speeds?

Cheers,

Cam.

6. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Standard 4.51 JSBs weighed, comp ones are 8.4 to 8.5grn. Runs between 11ftlb and 11.2ftlb.

7. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    Thanks for that – it's always interesting to hear how others set up their Steyrs.

I note that you specifically mentioned 4.51 pellets. I ran my Steyr over the chrono the other day using Exacts (8.4grn) in 4.53, and Expresses (7.9grn) in 4.51, and it produced higher ft/lbs with the Expresses, which surprised me. It doesn't group well with the 4.53s, but groups reasonably well with the 4.51s, which leads me to believe that they might be a tad too tight for the barley twist barrel? I'll need to get a tin of Exacts in 4.51 to see how they perform.

You've got me tempted to try turning my Steyr down to 11ft/lbs to see how it behaves. The only Steyr that I've shot, where the Stabilizer truly worked, turned out to be shooting at 10.5ft/lbs. It didn't seem to stop the owner consistently scoring in the high 50s!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Cam.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    If you are shooting HFT the flater trajectory from a higher velocity may have some benifit with Exacts 8.4gr. It may be worth truing Express9.87gr at 805-810.