LG110/Challenge trigger 2nd stage adjustment...

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by astra, Dec 1, 2019.

1. astra

astra Member

Hello,
    I want to shorten the travel of the 2nd stage and make it stop (to a dead end) much earlier than it is now. Unfortunately I could not find this feature and the corresponding screw. I believe I have seen this 2nd stage travel regulation on Anschutz and I really miss it a lot.
    Please, if Steyr has not foreseen this regulation, I would appreciate any suggestion how to make it.
    Thanks!

2. Total SS

Total SS Member

Steyr do not have a screw or an adjustable screw for the second stage travel.
    I have never had issues or felt that my second stage was long. The sear travel could be adjusted but this can cause other issues if not done correctly.

3. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    Interestingly, I altered mine to a single stage trigger. The overall travel is virtually non existent now.

Much prefer it.

astra likes this.
  4. astra

astra Member

How did you do this alteration? I would much prefer very litlle travel too because the long travel as it is now, makes me somehow uncertain and twist my wrist.

5. Simonix

Simonix Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT
    Adjust the trigger screw that alters the 1st Stage travel, until it becomes single stage. Balance this adjustment with reducing the trigger pressure for 1st stage as well.

The grub screws are noted in the manual, or search google for the videos/instructions.

astra likes this.
  6. Total SS

Total SS Member

Yes you can remove the second stage all together. the adjustment screw just in front of the trigger blade is for the first stage travel, adjust this to the point the that there is little to no travel and this will then also remove the second stage once it becomes a single stage. the adjustment screw in the trigger guard is for the weight of the first stage.

astra likes this.