1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG110 accuracy

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Rich3344, Sep 6, 2017.

1. what barn door

what barn door Member

Club:
    Kingsley
    I did ask in an earlier post to simply try through a chrono, with the pellet pusher, without the pellet pusher, same batch of pellets of course. In fact even better lets see some cards photographed and put up to demonstate the improvement. I will be gob smacked if there is any improvement at all.

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Active Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Phil
    Instead of taking the stabalizer out of the equation why not make an adjustable prob ?
    A small brass button with an m3 grub screw passing through it to seat the pellets before closing the breach .
    Can be adjusted to find the best depth and no harm done.

3. Total SS

Total SS Member

The pressurized air coming from the Reg does not fill the extra space. It does not have to fill the space as there is air there already. The air travels as a blast or pocket of air. The pocket of air travels the same distance from the reg to the end of the barrel. The fact that there is now no space for the air to pass the pellet around the skirt allows for a smaller pocket of air to be used to move the pellet. Smaller pocket of air equals less air.

Pressurized air travels together to does not start out slow and speed up. When the valve opens for the milli second the air that comes out travels together in one pocket. This air does not expand to fill the open space, it moves down the path as one pocket or ball of air. I had a toy that shot pockets of air upto 20feet.

The tests showed an increase in speed of 30fps in one rifle and 25fps in another rifle.

4. what barn door

what barn door Member

Club:
    Kingsley
    Not quite, the space in the barrel is filled with air at 1 bar, the air entering is at aprox 85bar, when flowing into a chamber at a much lower pressure the 85 bar will drop pressure and the velocity will increase, so in effect you now have a chamber at a lower pressure. Secondly, when air or fluid is flowing with a static pressure it does indeed change velocity if it goes through a venturi, in the example of air guns they usually go through the equivelent of at least one. Testing that I have done with same rifle and skan chrono proves all of the above, however I have just re-done the tests and found that with two rifles there is only a small drop im MV and with another one a large drop in MV, I worked out that the initial chamber (straight after the reg) volume plays quite a big part in it.

However I could not find any improvement in fps with the pellet pushed in by 1mm in increasing steps. What I have found is that by using a home made tool to flare the skirt very slightly, it does increase MV by about 25-30 fps. This is not conclusive as yet but might be worth persuing.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  5. what barn door

what barn door Member

Club:
    Kingsley
    After further testing I have abandond the tool to flair the pellet skirt, it worked very weel but no significant gain in anything, maybe a little more MV but no better grouping or overall accuracy, ah well I tried.

6. sstyle

sstyle Member

Omg, guys, I got a new barrel from Steyr. It is really worse than old one. Group size is about 10cm at 55yrds... Unbelievable. Returned back my CZ barrel and now everything is OK, av group size is about 12mm

7. Rich3344

Rich3344 Member

Maybe it needs a really good clean?

Have you tried pushing a pellet down it with a rod? Is there a choke?

8. sstyle

sstyle Member

Yeah, I will try to clean it. It has a choke. Yes, I tried, nothing strange.