lg or ftp

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by shaun elliott, Nov 1, 2014.

1. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    Hi guys just wondering thinking of getting new rifle and narrowed it down between LG 110 or FTP 900 I no ftp is new and had quite a few problems but hopefully there ironed out now but don't no to much about LG any info would be helpful cheers.

2. Barry

Barry Member

Club:
    Iceni Marksmen
  3. MTA

MTA Member

Club:
    MAD
    I did this debate a few months back. Ended up importing an FWB 800 FT Basic - the beech stocked variant.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  4. fatty

fatty Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Don't buy the ftp. Had four different ftps all went back. Got my fifth and still not happy

5. fatty

fatty Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Can give you a long list of people who have had the same issues that will tell you the same.

6. fatty

fatty Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Look for the thread called ftp the good the bad and the ugly on here

7. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

As above don't buy an FTP , I had 3 until I got my money back! I bought a tm1000 with the money , best thing I ever did. We must have 10 steyrs at the club , all three of us who bought ftp's have got rid of them. The gun has so many issues its unbelievable and air arms seem to have buried there heads in the sand, maybe it's the amount of guns been sent back that they can't cope.

8. Rift

Rift "Agent"

Club:
    M.A.D
    Hi Shaun

The Steyr LG110 has been around for well over 10 years, with the LG100 before it.
    It has gone through a number of revisions but remains based on the same proven system that has won countless competitions, series, and titles.
    You don't say what you want the rifle for, but as an HFT, FT gun the Steyr is a fantastic platform to develop with.
    Like with any equipment there are people who love it, and others who don't.
    Second hand they hold their value because they are an excellent piece of kit and for a lot of shooters trade up to them.
    On here there is a huge knowledge base about them so issues can usually be sorted without too much aggravation.
    You can control the power without having to return it to the manufacturer, and there are loads of customisation options such as stocks, air strippers, triggers etc.

The FTP900 is still (in my opinion) in a development stage. It's a great rifle but I do not know anyone who has owned one trouble free. This is not a dig, but an honest comment.
    You can find threads on here that go much deeper into issues about both rifles and the best thing you could do is shoot both.
    Air Arms are a fantastic company who support air gun shooters and the air gunning community, Steyr UK do very little, if anything and it can be hit or miss getting spares from them (through personal experience).
    Both good guns..but I love my LG110 and would not change it for an FTP900.

Regards
    Rift

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Get

Have a look around and see if you can get a 8002 anschutz secondhand or add some to it and get a 9003 ??? HOLLY:)

10. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
  11. top gun phil

top gun phil Member

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    A Tool are these 177 /22 ha ha :D:D:lev

12. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Ftp

I have been shooting a walther for 2 years and got a chance of an FTP from a guy in the club so I though a wee change over the winter as I'm doing some custom work on my walther , but to be honest I was pleasantly surprised , the gun shoots spot on trigger is good it cocks lovely and mega accurate only down fall for me personally is the hamster is to short so I made a custom one 2 inches longer ,so that will give you food for thought when I listen to people having had three and four guns and them all been crap they should be looking at there own ability to shoot , my mate had one it was accurate but had a lot of trouble with it so got a refund if I had my way I would have sorted it but it was under warranty

Regards Dave

13. AND8D

AND8D Doh!

Club:
    Misfits, zone
    Mines had a few problems but iv floated the barrel and its great now(removed 'A' frame)

14. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    I'm having a problem with my lg110ft at the moment, in that its behind about 7 guns in my cupboard and I can't easily get at it.

15. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

Nothing to do with accuracy all to do with reliability . I was not happy paying £1500 for a gun that spent four weeks out of the first six back at air arms while they tried to solve the zero shift, it was then returned leaking and damaged . That one was replaced but no2 was damaged when it arrived at the shop, no3 arrived after another 3 weeks , it fired 5 shots before it leaked . If you are happy paying £1500 for that fair play to you, good luck trying to sell it secondhand when your done with it.

16. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Hard luck

I paid £750 mega deal

17. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

At that price I don't blame you, as you have the ability to fix it yourself you can't lose. It's the rest of us that paid full price and were relying on air arms that were ****** off.

18. spiredude

spiredude Member

Club:
    anston MASSIVE
    I went from ev2 to a lg110 and love it best thing i:ve done :)

19. shaun elliott

shaun elliott Active Member

Club:
    pontefract arc
    I've got ev2 mk 4 had a LG 100 over 10 years ago and couldn't get on with it had a lot of trouble with it but I think with all the posts I've had on the subject of LG110 v FTP900 I'm steering towards the LG as my next rifle thanks mainly to the useful posts I've had off you guys .

20. LEE ST

LEE ST Member

Club:
    Pontefract ARC
    Hi Shaun I ve had both guns shot the ftp in this year s hft comps without any problems performed 100% no problems at all been waiting all season for it to go wrong or some kind of problem to happen with all the trouble the ftp been having mine never did.
    Kind of funny really only shot the ftp seen has my steyr was in for a service spitting pellets all over the place since been sorted and back to 100% thanks to Mr C Cundey cheers mate,
    Since then I ve got rid of the ftp only because of the feel of the gun just didn t feel has good as the steyr personal preference really but that s the truth of it.
    so my advice is ask the lads at the club and shoot both guns mate and make your own mind up see what works for you see how you get on with it but for me I like steyr s that much I ve just gone and got another one lol….

Cheers lee