Leupold 50ft adaptor

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by fredyninefingers, Dec 11, 2012.

1. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

Any body know the strength of the lens in a leup 50ft adaptor?
    I tried a +1 screw on macro lens out of the wife's cameras bag onto the end of a BSA swf 8-32-44 as an experiment and discovered I could see blades of grass on the lawn crystal clear at 1/2 a yard,but it would only parallax between 1/2yd to 2 yds,excellent long distance microscope:D:D

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Cool. What's the gap like between 70 and 72 inch? :D

3. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    I've got a Chinese B2 with a knackered sping - max range of 72" sounds just right. Also got an SMK 4 mag scope - perhaps this could upgrade it.

(PS - Just realised something. It is not many years since I got the B2 and SMK scope and thought they were expensive. )

Dean

4. rich

rich Active Member

I did a note on this subject not long ago and I think it was on this forum. Nemesis is right, in dioptre strength it is the reciprocal of whatever 50ft is in metres. A normal photographic close up lens will be far too powerful.

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Why? Would it not be a converging lens?

I'm casting mind back to the optics module in A level physics now so bear with me. It can't be flat on both surfaces or it's a plain sheet not a lens. :) My specs lenses are convex on the front and concave on the back, but thicker at the outer edge than in the middle. This makes them diverging lenses, to correct short sight. They don't magnify, they reduce.

A diopte of 0.0656 would mean converging. Diverging lenses have negative numbers.

6. CoolId

CoolId New Member

It is a converging lens, but of such low power it looks flat to the naked eye

Regards

Dave