1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's get rid of the Ladies!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by KeithW, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I'll reply when we get to page 12 Steve, shouldn't be long now mate.

Where's Molly likes this.
  2. skires

skires Well-Known Member

It won't really matter whether someone replies on page 1 or page 25. It won't make any difference to what happens in real life. It's almost a reminder that the only function of internet posting is to relieve boredom. If we only posted on the internet airgun sites stuff that actually had any great relevance to how air rifle target sports were run then there'd probably be no internet sites.

We've done a zillion pages on kneeling rules, POI jumps on HW97s ( which I'm sure still isn't resolved ) and trying to convince the world that it's no point taking any notice of the head sizes printed on JSB pellets. All quite pointless. It's like opening a pub and having big signs up stating ... The only conversation allowed is common sense.

Rather a pleasant change to talk about the ladies including the odd light hearted comment about classes for the well blessed and rotund. I'm sure non of the ladies, or larger gents, have been offended by outlandish comments like 'Bra size' or 'Beer bellies'. FT/HFT are the perfect sports for the lentil munching PC brigade. If they get upset there are plenty trees to hug.

Option B is kick the tumbleweeds around.

Where's Molly and SteveC200 like this.
  3. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Throbbing Member

Club:
    The Anston Massive
    Yep, if you hang about any forum long enough you will find the same subject coming up time after time. New members come on board with the same queries that the older members had when they joined.

If this didn't happen on here then what a boring place it would be as all we would be left with is details of upcoming events and sales/wanted threads.

I'm on this and a couple more forums and always remind myself I was once the person asking the question that has been asked a hundred times or more and try to provide a positive contribution to the discussion or move on to another discussion.

Things may not change but, on the other hand, those who organise series/events do read these threads and if the sentiment showed an appetite for a bit of a change I would hope they would take note.

4. Josan

Josan New Member

No ladies class here in The Netherlands. I always was amazed by the Brits having a separate class for women. Within the great pool of contestants, in your mind, you can always create your own favorite subclass of shooters and compare yourself only to them, and maybe in one of them you're a winner. :) (rifle brand, male/female, blond/brown, disabled, white/black, short/long, Welsh/Scottish, etc..)

johnbam and Where's Molly like this.
  5. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Member

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    A lame viewpoint I know, but unless there are good reasons from both ladies and gents why change what's there today? I have never met anyone who is offended by the "ladies" class, and there are a good few (rather brilliant) ladies who shoot in the open class.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...??

Pidlar and MickyFinn like this.
  6. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Read this bit again ...

So the lady that receives the best lady shooter ... isn't the ... er ... best lady shooter. The numbers of ladies shooting in 'Ladies' has declined over recent years to a minimal number. They shoot EXACTLY the same course in EXACTLY the same way. Short of a woodland bra burning ritual ... I don't think some ladies ( rather brilliant ) could have made a more obvious statement that they see no reason for a ladies class, or a lack of desire for them personally to shoot in it, more so than them actually leaving the ladies class and shooting in the open class. There's absolutely nothing broken about all that?

As per my post #62 above ... it's only internet twaddle. Nowt will change because of internet twaddle. Dunner werrit.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    EXACTLY!