Left Handed FT Rigs

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Doberman1979, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Doberman1979

Doberman1979 Not so senior member

Club:
    Emley
    Hi

Am fancying upgrading to a new FT gun. Currently have an Ambi MPR which to be fair hasn't done me too badly but I fancy getting something bit better. Down side is a distinct lack of left handed guns out there so was wondering what other left handed FT shooters use?

Simon

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    The cursed

Lefties get a rough deal with a limited market. You find it hard to come by and even harder to sell on. My advise would be to buy either ambi or an alutec Walther or Steyr in right hand. Get a left hand pistol grip and reverse the cheek piece to make it left handed.
    Then when you want to sell it on you can return it to r/h and stand a better chance of recovering your money.
    Time served buyer and seller of left hand gear
    Simon

3. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Have you thought about a Protarget as they are an ambi action. You then have the choice of finding left handed EV2, Pro target or walther stocks to fit it into.
    You might be as well looking for a stock first and seeing what comes up, such as the left handed GINB Steyr stock Spolie has for sale.
    I hope you can keep the MPR as an HFT gun, as we need your scores for the club.:D I'll even lend you a Sightron 10x42 to try if you like.;)

4. Rift

Rift "Agent"

Club:
    M.A.D
    Left handed bits come along now and again but rarely when you want them, and prices can vary due to demand.
    Try to buy and it's expensive, try to sell and no one wants it..

Some guns like Steyrs are popular and are ambi in an HP stock, or handed in an FT stock.
    I have a set of Gary Cane LEFT HANDED woodwork that came with it and has never been on a gun but I never sold it due to the difficulty of replacing it if I wanted to take up FT.

Guess you need to decide on the gun you want, then ask if anyone has left handed bits / stocks for one.
    Your very welcome to try my left handed Steyr if we are ever at a shoot together.

Regards
    Alex

5. Doberman1979

Doberman1979 Not so senior member

Club:
    Emley
    Cheers Gents. That Walters NICE!

Dean. MPR wont go. Am only looking because of GP's. I cant get a clean 50 shots. If I fill to 170 she jumps about half a foot pound from shot 1 to about 12. If I fill to 160 she drops off a cliff from about 45/48 on wards. Add in a couple of wasted shots from targets being called/checked and am just about out of air.

Maybe easier to do what Speed's said and see Tench for a reg.

Simon

6. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    As you know I like my MPR's and I easily get 60 very very good shots from both of my MPRs, and I think about 45 shots within 15 fps.
    If you want me to have a play with it before you reg it, I would be happy to have a look at it. No labour charges.:cool: Tench's regs are very good when he has set them up though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  7. roger

roger old git

Club:
    North Petherwin (alfs)
    Pro targets are very versatile for stock alternatives, also HW100. I have all three in left hand version also the right hand stocks when i move them on. (if i ever do ) all better than i can shoot them, and when set up correct
    you get 70+ good shots on 180 bar fill.
    Good luck in your hunt.:)

8. Spoelie

Spoelie Pellet Head !

Club:
    Springfield
    I have a very nice LH Steyr Lg110 in the for sale section.