Leaking HW100

Discussion in 'Weihrauch' started by Conor, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    A mate has a HW100 that won't fire after being filled. It's not regulator as this is FAC version but that's not a issue over here in NIreland.

It has sat in the cupboard for over 6 months and he filled it up to use, it now won't fire. It is leaking air straight through the bottom of the block, I think this is a safety mechanism.

Any ideas, sounds like a firing valve issue to me. Does anyone know if it's a quick fix?
    He has bought a service kit so I am willing to try to fit it.

Are they easy to work on and what should I look out for?

Help and tips appreciated,

Conor

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

There are many different o rings that cause the HW100 to vent out the bottom of the block, the most common one is the one on the little brass spigot that enters the central hole in the cylinder when the cylinder is fitted to the action. it needs to be 6mm o/d and about 1.5mm section, as long as the o/d is right anything between 1.25 and 1.75 section will do the job.

Also all the HW's I have seen even the FAC ones are regged, there are several o rings in the reg and around the reg piston sleeve than can also cause a leak out the bottom but the little one is most common.

3. Conor

Club:
    Thanks, I will have a look. I was almost sure it was regulated but he told me it wasn't.

That particular cylinder oring should be in the kit, he did mention fitting an after market quickfill, would this have had an impact?

4. Tench

I would imagine an aftermarket QF would be at the front end of the cylinder so it wont influence the leak, however that does tell me that this is probably a pre quick fill rifle so the cylinder will have been on and off many times to fill it, which almost confirms it will be the little cylinder seal o ring as it doesn't stand up well to constant removal of the cylinder.

5. Conor

Club:
    Update:
    Fitted all new o-rings and others parts in the service pack. The oring you describe was knackered. Leak has now gone.
    However it still will NOT fire, air cylinder is full.

Any ideas?

6. Tench

If it has all been to bits it could be anything, does the hammer mech cock and release (fire) but no air comes out?

7. Conor

Club:
    Hammer is firing but no air is being released through the valve?
    I'm not even sure if air is even getting to the valve, is there a certain way of reassembling the brass part PW240? Could this be it, something inside it stopping air flow?

8. Petay

Petay Member

Its simple enough to knock up a reg tester for these. Best fittings can sell you the gauge and adaptor for about £26 or you could google the bits and pick them up elsewhere seperately. I went for option A out of lazyness :rolleyes:

The most obvious thing to my mind is the reg is either wound up to high and the hammer spring tension has not been adjusted to match or the hammer spring tension has slackened off

If neither of these are the cause then it could be the valve its self has been damaged.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014