Lea Valley

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Charlts, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Thanks Rog and the LV team for all your hard work and the Pete's for everything you've both done. Really enjoyed catching up with everyone today.:)

Do we know what the total raised for Help For Heroes was from today?

2. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

What a start to my year

Just like to say well done to Lea Valley esp Roger Bently who put a course out that got the wind that it deserved and turned out to be a good start to the year well done to all .
    My day I will say no-more :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. tokoloshe

tokoloshe Twang ****!

Club:
    Springfield & Seac
    Its been a long cold winter and have not enjoyed my shooting much until today! Excellent day, great grounds and a good course awash with wind. Great to see everyone again and thanks to all who made it such!

4. Ali-C

Ali-C New Member

Well done to the guys who set it out, good course. :) Even if there was alot of flippin' wind. *Mutter mutter mutter* :p

5. nibbley-uk

nibbley-uk Dirty Daz

Have to agree with all the above, Lv did a great job today putting on a interesting and testing course thanks to some unfriendly wind.
    Cheers for the company from Pete ( UNLUCKY) Sparkes and Rik ( can get all the hard ones and miss sitters ) travers who made the start of the season every bit rememerable and proved HFT is about having fun.
    Well done to the winners today and big thanks to Theoben for sponsoring todays shoot, also well done to the Mad team for a winning start to the year.
    Lastly Ian wtf sort ya gun out ya muppet :rolleyes:
    Darren

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Bloody good course Rogb, that wind was evil:eek::eek: Big thanks to Pete Dutton for figuring out what the hell I have been doing wrong, scope was as nissed as a pewt and giving terminal parralax error but its now fixed:D:D:D Kelmarsh, bring it on:eek::D:D:cool:

7. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

A very enjoyable day...... well apart from the wind and the long wait for the second session. Many Thanks to all involved.

8. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Only just got in, traffic was a mare both sides of the bridge:mad:

Well done to all, will post more tomorrow:cool:

Pete

9. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Big thanks to Lea Valley for an entertaining day....I'll bring all the leafs and bits of twig that I've cleared out of my gunbag back next visit:D

Sorry Meon today was a total disaster for me......hopefully sorted now and service back to normal next time:)

I'm totally knackered but as always it was worth it.

Dave

10. Sharpe

Sharpe Semper fidelis

Club:
    Maldon
    Fantastic, interesting and varied course, made even more so by that swine of a wind. Well done to Roger and Andy for setting the course.
    Was great to meat up again with some familier faces.
    Thank you to both Pete's for the organisation.
    Very well done to the individial winners, and of course to the M.A.D team.
    Must say as well very pleased for Andy Yates for a great score, top boinging :)

11. punydan

punydan Monkey Juice

Thanks to'the Petes' and Roger for a great day and brilliant course, and thanks also to John, Paul and Ringo (Harry) for the company. I faught the wind and the wind seriously kicked my arse.

12. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Recovered a bit more now, so can do a longer reply.

Well done to Roger for a good course and all the work he has put in over the last few days.

Thanks to all the Marshals and to Gary Chillingworth for his help with organising the marshals as this is one less job me and Pete has to worry about and its more of a help than people realise, to Steph for selling the badges for us all day.

Right now to the bad bit, we have a new name for Darren Lindsey, from now on he will be known as “Dirty Daz†and Rik, Guy & Dave Hatfield can vouch for this, even when I was shooting like a numpty he wanted to make sure that I didn t recover, as I was down for a shot he decided to kick dust in my eyes:eek:

Well done to all the winners

But what a great start to the season good to see all the old faces and plenty of new ones, fantastic atmosphere and I think all enjoyed, the only downside was getting beat by my own gun by Del:eek:

Cheers
    Pete

13. All That Remains

All That Remains Caution...I Bite!!!!

Thanks to all at Lea Valley, I hope we raised some good funds for help for heroes!

I shot like a numpty and I don't think there was nearly enough mud for me to really enjoy myself....in fact I couldn't find any mud to play in this week:eek: Although thanks to Dai and Gary it was fun shooting with you:)

Thanks to Rik for putting in a score worse than mine;), and although he didn't put in a good score for Team Meon, he took Team Quarry down from the inside, didn't he Pete:)

Can I request that we have objects placed on the courses so that when I make a bad shot I have something to kick (other than my gun), either that or just put Rik a few lanes away from me......he is used to the abuse:D

Great shooting Steph and Dave, I promise to do better for Team Meon next time:eek:

Janine

14. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well that was fun . That wind was a nightmare..I could not get my head round it at all!!! Well done to Gav, 59 in that wind was great shooting. Well done to the MAD team for another win, happy with that. Thanks to Roger B ( not for the ranges :)) but for a great course and all the work you put in mate...next time if you need a hand give us a shout!!!!! It was great to see everyone yesterday and catch up, another great season ahead with no probs!!! What a result! Dont you just love the UK's!!!!

LAity:)

15. oldybutgoody

oldybutgoody Member

Club:
    Glevum
    Sheepish

I would like to appologies to all shooters on the first session for the small holdup on the start.:rolleyes:
    I had to run (well walk quickly) back to the car I had fogotten those lead thingies you put in one end that come out the other end. I thought I could go around without them but my partners ensisted.

Sorry again all

16. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Great course Rog, I can't work out if I was done by the wind or the new 30 yd zero, prob both :D. Roll on the Worlds & then Rd 2 !
    Good to catch up with a few people & some top shooting out there today in that wind.

Sorry team Meow on my pi55 poor score :eek:

17. Ian H

Ian H New Member

Great Day Lea Valley well done to all concerned wind was a bitch :D

18. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

Great to see everyone again,

Fantastic course and bitch of a wind, thanks for all the effort that went into the course layout
    and facilities.

See you all at the Worlds.

Neal

19. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

Well done to all the lv staff, great course,great food, and the wind well say no more about that. Thanks to my carer:cool: for the day Jane well done dear, and to woki unlucky on the dough nuts:p. Well done all the winners and looses and can't wait for the next one.

OH YEAH ONE LAST THING COME ON TEAM CHRISTCHURCH:D:D:D:D:D

20. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Del Stone thought Tracey could shoot a 30 shot course with 25 pellets so your not alone:D:D:D