UKAHFT kneeling on cushions

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by Dayglowfroggy, Feb 14, 2018.

1. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    A roll will help massively.
    For a cheap easily made roll that works get a length of 22mm foam pipe lagging. Chop it to about 10” and gather it so it’s like a bundle about 8” in diameter.
    Gaffer tape this to at the ends and centre to secure, then try it in position under your ankle.
    Need more support, add a few more lengths until finally you have perfect, even support that allows you to stay kneeling all day.
    Once you start using aroll you wonder why you suffered for years without one...;)

Steve V likes this.
  2. Steve V

Steve V The six million dollar man

Club:
    None
    Thank you, I’ll have a play around with that idea and see how I get on :)

3. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Bear in mind with the support under the ankle, ideally you want it so that you can put your full weight on the roll and your toes still contact the ground for support. You don't want to have your foot swinging around in mid air so it's a trial and error thing to get it just right for you.

4. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Air Arms Poster Boy

Club:
    Air Arms/Anston/Kingsley/Team Ireland
    I have used a roll but lately I have been using a full cushion and find it offers a lot more support/stability.

5. Steve V

Steve V The six million dollar man

Club:
    None
    Ive just had a try with my FT cushion and I’m impressed how much support it gives :)