kneeling lane

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by flyfisher, Nov 9, 2011.

1. flyfisher

flyfisher Member

Hello,

I have an interpretation problem of the FT shooting Rules

When I have to shoot a kneeling lane , can I choose to shoot in a standing position (which is more difficult) or I am forced to use kneeling position only because I'm not a shooter with a disability

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    It's a compulsory lane ie what it says, the free style lanes can be taken prone, sitting, kneeling or standing.

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    it's up to the RGB's rules.;) Some state it as a compulsory discipline and therefore must e takes as described. If the RGB has taken account of disability and an accepted and agreed alternate/adapted position may be used by those medically certified.
    If the RGB has not taken account of disability for compulsory discipline targets then if you cant take the shot in the described position, you may not use an alternate position and therefore it will be a miss.

Personally if you can't take a kneeler then yuo should be permitted to take it standing, but that's only my opinion.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I agree with Conor, but it will depend on what rule France use. In the UK you have to take it kneeling, but that is just our rules, not yours :)

5. flyfisher

flyfisher Member

Thanks Conor, thanks Rob,

I decided that the French FT rules would be the same as BTFA much as possible and in line with French law.
    So I'll fix that part of French FT rules which was not very explicit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  6. cwprice

cwprice Member

Kneeling Lanes

Hi Flyfisher.
    I would take a look at the BFTA Main Shoot Rules before you make any decisions. Disabled people can shoot compulsary lanes using a alternative position in agreement with the chief marshall before the shoot begins.

7. rick

rick Member

If you cannot kneel you can either stand or use the disabled kneeling position, but you must obtain the chief marshals permission first. He should then inform the other marshals of his decision.

8. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Think we had this before Rick, you cannot stand at a kneeling lane in BFTA rules, you must use the alternate disabled position which is approved by the BFTA, the chief marshal on the day of competition will approve of your eligibility for you to use it.

9. rick

rick Member

Regulation 10 only refers to the disabled positions, however in the disabled rules it says, "If you feel you are unable to use the alternative position for whatever reasons you will need to discuss it with the chief marshal".
    The chief marshals decision is final if he says you can shoot your kneelers standing then you can. There are shooters out there who suffer from knee problems but don t consider themselves disabled in the sense of the word and would not want to use the alternative positions.

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Stand .

When i had a bad kne at the worlds ( in england ) i asked the chief marshal if it was alright to stand and was told yes . as a weaker position than kneeling . i was clear to use it . common sense after all . but only with the chief marshals consent ??? HOLLY:)

11. flyfisher

flyfisher Member

Thank you for your answers