Kingsley HFT (Staffordshire) 11th Oct [Scores]

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by Iggyr7, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Iggyr7

Iggyr7 Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    Thank you to all that attended todays shoot , you created a good relaxed atmosphere with the buzz of some great friendly banter up and down the firing line...Congratulations go to top shot for the day Simon ( Tench ) Howarth with a cracking 58 , just pipping myself on 57 ( but I did set the course !!! ) . Hope to see you all at next shoot Sun 1st Nov ... Scores as follows ...

Simon Howarth 58
    Ian Millward 57
    Mick Fern 56
    Neil Tatton 55
    Steve Cartledge 55
    Michelle Parsons 54
    Simon Toolan 51
    Nigel Howard 50
    Bill Titley 50
    Steve Watson 49
    Steve Brindley 49
    John Turnock 40
    Bob Tate 23 ( 1st ever HFT shoot )

Cheers
    Ian

2. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Thanks for yesterday Ian, Steve et all. Nice little wood you have there! I wobbled both standers & fell for a couple of your range traps (splitting @ 12 o'clock both times:rolleyes::p:eek:o )

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I did the same Mick, I split 2 high, one my fault, I should not have missed that one but the other, lane 11, I had not got a clue, I would love to know the kz size and distance as it fooled me!

Thanks for a great shoot Ian/Steve, see you at the next one.

4. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    Sneaky chopped down targets & odd size kills :D:p;):confused:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  5. Iggyr7

Iggyr7 Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    Yes guys Steve C has had a few targets on a diet , and the rat on lane 11 was a little slimmer than the average rat ..... it was 30mm at 37 yds ....

Cheers
    Ian

6. Tench

Thanks Ian, a 30mm at 37y sounds easy but it was very cleverly modified and positioned suckering quite a few of us into hitting high!

I am knocking em all over next time Ian! :D

7. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    I was also one of those suckers! Think I put my mil dot in the bottom of the kill which (usually) covers 35 yrds with my set up? Cross hairs at top next time!:p

8. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    Mil-dot = 43-44 yrds ish on my low set-up!

9. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Tut tut ... never show yer cards.:D

You'll have to get Carlo to change the size of that rat again now to keep the visitors guessing.

Have there been any clears yet at Kingers since it started?

10. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    Not to my knowledge? Quite a few 58/59's

11. Iggyr7

Iggyr7 Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    I do believe that Mick' s very close friend , and indeed a great friend to us all , but very very sadly no longer with us , Mr Rick Arden did clear the course several years ago ......Steve C and myself currently set out the courses and have now got our work cut out to stop any of you lot from doing it again :eek:... Better get that file out again Steve ;):D:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

Yes in answer to your question Colin (and it was the late Rick Arden) but now Ian and I are trying our best to make sure it doesn't happen again........if we can:D

Steve C.

13. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:

I remember him saying now Ian. Couldn't remember if it was Kingsley or Quarnford bless him!

14. skires

skires Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of 58's with the 77 and I know Rick, bless him, had the odd 59.

I know some of the NW lads came down but no one cleared it and now Simon has paid a visit.

I'd have thought one of the top HFT guys would clear it as most of the wood ( pegs 1 to @ 20 has very little wind ).

Simon will be gunning to clear it now so you'll have your work cut out.:D

Best get some targets angled off beyond the tape at the top end at up to 90 degrees to the normal firing angle. The wind rushes in off the fields there and a couple of 25mm 40 yard and 35mm 45 yard targets would help keep the virginity.:D

15. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Ah ... I was typing whilst you guys were posting.

I knew Rick had got the odd 59 but I didn't know he'd cleared it. Non of us will deny him that. Top bloke.

But yeah ... work cut out to keep the 60's to a minimum.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. Tench

I have been several times Colin, it is a great venue for testing and refining your setup as like you say a lot of the targets are quite protected in the dense woods. Ian and Steve are getting quite canny with the targets though, which is good and adds to the challenge of pitting yourself against a course without having to worry too much about wind. If you miss here it is a fault with your setup or ranging which can only help you improve those area's, I had two "learning experiences" there last weekend.

17. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Simon

It's my closest venue. I loved it there. It is perfect to go during the week and set up a target in the dense woods and not worry too much about wind.

I also have an old cricket mate there in Steve C and the other lads are great lads.

I haven't been for a long time as I moved to FT and then had the problem with my fitness.

In the Winters I helped Steve set out a few courses. I really enjoyed doing that.

It's been great seeing others from other clubs/areas visit and support the club.

I should really pay my membership again and try and pop in and see the lads, shoot the odd HFT course, and then I could go up mid week and practice whatever or just plink with a flask of coffee.

It was a regular Sunday morning. Go up to Kingsley and shoot some HFT and then call in at the garage at the end of the lane, fill up with fuel and buy a bottle of wine for me and the wife to have with Sunday roast, which she'd have ready for when I got in. The Indian lady that runs the shop is lovely and has some decent deals on wine.

18. Steve C.

Steve C. Steve C.

Yes you old scrote:D get yourself back up there

Steve C.