Keithley nefta hunter

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Lee67, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Cracking day today..well done to Jamie on his 57 ( top score i believe )... Well done pal, enjoyed the course..usual Emley hardness;) but wind was a tad weird..roll on next round

2. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    cracking day today at keithley, was a great shoot but we saw room for improvement as we shot it, buy hey ho the first shoot went very well I think thanks to all who turned up.;)

3. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Very well done Jamie, I always knew you could do it.

Well done keithley for the day, great bacon and dodgy wind. Thanks to Bob and Darren the company on the course. Be interesting how things unfold there.

Mark

4. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    fantastic hosts and hospitality well done on your first of many shoots
    nice location thanks to Dave Robbo for the company
    looking forward to a winter league shoot there
    and thanks for having proper size pistol targets
    john

5. speed

speed jamie

Club:
    emley moor ftc
    good shoot today shame about the rain, i even did better than usuall on silly's :)

6. biggles195

biggles195 Member

Club:
    Anston
    Great day, tough course, steep targets and tricky wind completely screwed me over. Thanks to John and Phil for the company. Bit tight on some of the lanes if you got a right and left handed shooter next to each other but that's due to space constraints of the site.

Shame about the lack of parking but I'm sure it will get better as the club progresses, no chance of ever finding it again without the sat nav. Really good pistol course, all targets easy to make out and testing enough to make it interesting.

Thanks everyone
    Chris

7. Bri.shep

Bri.shep Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks

Thanks to all involved good ground , course and food.

8. SimonBattye

SimonBattye Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks to all involved for your efforts, i had a great day, enjoyed the course and the bacon and sausage sarny. Thanks also to Keighley rifle and pistol club for hosting, hope to return soon.

9. nikkiiG

nikkiiG Member

Club:
    Guiseley FTC, Keighley RPC
    THANKYOU!

i would like to thank emley n guiseley members who helped on saturday with the course setting up and use of equipment.

Not many keighley members have signed up here yet! so i would like to thank on all there behalf's and will be showing them in the future meeting the response from everyone on how the day went.

I think for the first shoot it went very well and showed ways to make it even better

so watch this space..

thanks again had a great day

score will be sent to Brian asap

Nikkii

10. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thank you to Keighley for the day....starting with a very nice bacon buttie. Sillies were interesting with the wind blowing in from the car park. Nice pistol shoot with targets I could actually see, good idea painting them bright pinkish red, worked a treat. Target course was a tricky bugger with that wind, certainly scuppered me today, bit like shooting during a maelstrom in a cauldron, well maybe not that much!

Finished off with a tasty burger, so we'll done to the catering chaps.

As someone else mentioned, the satnav is a must!

Cheers.....see you on the next'un

Nigel O

11. shootsy10

shootsy10 Member

Club:
    redfearns
    Thankyou keighley for a great days shooting i was really impressed with your club,and i especially enjoyed the pistol course!

12. Mammoth

Mammoth Unusual Targetmaker :)

Club:
    Anston
    Hi!
    Not bad beginning for Keithley!!
    I Shoot crapscy.. but Enjoyed it!!
    But..
    Dont take me wrong, but I cant dont point some issues which may be important in my opinion..
    I think that course was not save enough.. Some of angles between shoting line and shooting directions was to low.. sometimes We had to wait till people on next peg do their shoot before we could start setting us up, otherwise If I lay down, I could accidentally kick next ones barrel.. I mean.. a few targets shooting directions was less than 20 degrees to shooting line..
    There is solution.. Nex time, I suggest to move shooting line a little bit further out from banking, so it will give You more space to set far targets without making sharp shooting angles.
    Also, You can spread distance between pegs by using whole range distance.. Set The course on entire length of range, and just In the time You do Safety brief.. someone can remove some of zeroing range targets to make space for shooters.. and then, You can use over 50Y for shooting line.

And also.. Could You install somewhere wind switch? Be nice if that bloody ******* stop riding across range when we shooting.. ;)

Please.. dont think Im fussy.. just try help.. It was nice, and hard ( for me) course.. and I dont complain about targets.. There was set up superb.. just the horizontal angles worried me a bit..

Im hopeing that i can visit Emley one Sat to practice high targets..?
    Cos is no chance to set them up in Ponty Im afraid.. ;)
    Sorry for my crapscy English..
    Cheers
    Peter.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Hi Peter, nice to see you again at Keighley. You're spot on with the comment as we thought the same half way through the course set up on Sat but it was the first shoot at Keighley so a bit of a learning process....many thanks to the Emley Massive and Guiseley for the setting up of the course......i think it turned out to be pretty bleddy tricky in that weird crosswind.:confused:

Apologies for the rat under the log and the hiding kill on the lanes 27/28ish....they were mine and i understand that they caused a few doughnuts...Mwaaahaahhaa:D;)

14. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks to the Emley crew and Keighley for setting up the course and the time you put in.

As a new ground I think that it has lots of potential and is very suitable, especially now a few teething problems have been realised from the first shoot, and I do agree with the comments made by Peter, but it is definitely a suitable venue for any NEFTA series now we have lost the Thorn Dell ground, which also used to swirl the wind around like keighley does.

I thought that the hidden targets were fine but a few mesh and pipe targets in the hollows of the grassy areas at the bottom of the banking would help make it interesting (sorry Chris).:p I know you love lottery shots.;)

Could I suggest that the firing line was made diagonal from the shooting butts to the silly area so that you get a longer shooting line, that also varies all the way along in distance from the banking. Also it would lend itself to a few more targets on the floor while retaining a few on the edge of the trees but making it easier to sort out stoppages and painting. Id keep the high shots near on the banking near the pistol range though. I didnt look at the extra land they talked about but cannot help thinking it might also solve the occasional bigger event parking issues, dependant on access and suitability. None of this is meant to be a criticism and only a few suggestions as how it could be made even better.

I just hope that Keighley are happy for the events to continue, I am sure it will give another dimension to their club and it can only be beneficial to making all forms of shooting sports closer and stronger.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  15. Mammoth

Mammoth Unusual Targetmaker :)

Club:
    Anston
    Aa.. ! So I know now who to blame for my low score.. :D
    Im jokeig.. a bit.. ;)

Next time will be better.. From Your side - Im sure.. from mine.. im hoping.. ;)

16. LEE ST

LEE ST Member

Club:
    Pontefract ARC
    Thanks to Keighley crew on there 1st hft comp and all involved in setting up the course..
    hope that keighley lot enjoyed it has much has we did...
    i agree with all the above comments but would like to see next year that they have more marshals to cover the course ect i was nicky nacky noodled after gettting my big butt up that slope to reset the tagerts

well done to all that shot im sure next year will be even better

lee :)

17. Air Armed

Air Armed MFTA Secretary

Club:
    Castle FTC
    Thanks to Graham I enjoyed the company, had an off day personally but still glad I attended, see you all at Pontefract on the 12th!

18. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Scores are up and another 12 points for Emley.....despite Trev shooting for Anston.:D:D;):D:D

19. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Lmao :D...