Keeping Gun Records

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by clubshot, Aug 14, 2009.

1. clubshot

clubshot Member

Noticed a Few report's on Boards about
    Air Gun Theft's

Have you made a record or your Air Gun's
    With picture records

As seems some do not even make a record of Serial Numbers
    Aware some do picture cards - with All details

Do not be surprise if the Police give you grief if Stolen from a Vehicle

As under the VCR Bill they should only be in a Vehicle on a way to or from a Legal Shoot

BOB/R

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Yes I did it for my home insurance Bob, I don't know who was more shocked the bloke at the insurance company or me when all was totted up! :eek:

The last theft I heard was the Daystate break in, so I don't think it's a common thing thankfully. Providing you take reasonable precautions as you would with any valuable item there won't be an issue with the Police.

Ryan

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I have pictures of all of them and a list of serial numbers which I keep on my phone. Not all airguns have serial numbers though.

And if any of mine were to be nicked from the car it would definitely be to/from a shoot, to/from somewhere I was staying before a shoot, or to/from a post office having posted or collected one.

4. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

yep, all of mine are photographed and serial numbers included.

As also stated, they are only in teh car when travelling to and from shooting venues.

ATB

Phil

5. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Yep insured but there is only one of mine in the world stock wise and god/allah/Buddha whoever help anyone who thinks its a good idea to try and borrow it off me:cool:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." :D:D

6. martin c

martin c New Member

wait for it

nicely ready for when the licensing laws change :eek::eek:

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Do you know something we don't?

Ryan

8. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

All my guns are on a record with my FEO and my home insurance and everything that needs to be on my ticket is on there. I like Charlts was shocked when i added it all up...cost be a FORTUNE to add them for sure.Worht it though, if they get nicked...well so be it...BUT i demeand NEW !!!!!

LAity

9. martin c

martin c New Member

no to license change

I dont know anything you dont know just speculating based on all the recent bad press over the last few months regarding kids using airguns and people getting hit by them.:eek:

i wouldnt have any problem getting an fac just dont want to just to shoot sub 12lb :confused:

and yes i was just playing devils advocate with the first comment:eek: didnt mean to panic anyone