Kalibrgun cricket

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by RAIDER, Dec 14, 2015.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    I took my Cricket to the East Devon ground yesterday and let many who had never shot a BULPUP have a go. Bar none each said they could not believe how easy to shoot either old fashioned over the arm FT style or standing. One guy standing shot the reducers 15mm 45/35 yds standing no problem. The accuracy is incredible a CZ barrel helps.
    I really love this rifle and for just enjoyment of shooting it's the KALIBRGUN CRICKET.

Jeremy

2. Dynamite

Dynamite Member

Hi Jerermy,

I too am interested in the cricket. Tell me 'which model do you have?' Is it a 12 ft/lb model ? And did you buy in the UK, is it an import. Some good reviews of the cricket online...

Regards, Nigel...

3. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Just keep and eye on the spare magazines in the stock, not quite sure how but a buddy managed to lose one of his.

4. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    I'm loving my Edgun for the same reasons you state, had it a couple of years now and its absolutely fantastic.

It's so much fun to shoot standing, that tends to be all I do now on club days.

Everyone who has shot it has commented on how well balanced it is, it really does just hang exactly where you point it. I've seen people who are not the best shots in the world take out 50+ yarders stood up with it. It's so easy to shoot.

After shooting so many target based guns for years and years I got bored, I fancied something different. It's ticked all the boxes so far, it's hands down the best rifle I have ever owned.

5. rich

rich Active Member

Is this the Matador, Ste?

6. Ste Hughes

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    Yes :) (10 characters)

7. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I handled one of the Crickets when Phil Crampton had them on his Stand at the Stoneleigh show a couple of years ago, I was surprised by how nice it shouldered and handled. We tend to think anything other than the norm will feel wrong but that couldn't be further from the reality. Not shot one though.

8. rich

rich Active Member

Jimmer where did you get yours from? KJ??

9. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Pic's

Let's be having some pic's then lads.

10. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Has anybody as yet given the Pulsar a good work out? Issue with most Bullpups is the trigger so I am told - so an electronic trigger must mitigate that and I have heard the DS balances well etc. Anybody know of anyone using them in comps as yet?

11. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Barry over in Essex, who I bought my FTP from, has got a Pulsar that he is using for everything, including FT. He is very happy with it, but had to have a few adaptions made in order to fit a hamster.

12. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

[​IMG]
    I built this little thing a while ago. Looks terrible but shoots fantastically.
    Will group as tight as any topend ft rig....
    He stock has been replaced with a revised version since the pic was taken.

I get alot of people asking about the bullpups, in the new year I will have complete kits available to transform a few of the aa pcps.

13. Ste Hughes

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    The daystate electric triggers are also ****.

I've no complaints with the trigger on the Matador I have, it's a bit heavyish for serious competition shooting but I don't do that crap any more :)

The best bullpup trigger I have used was the FX Wildcat, its as good as good as a normal rifle. Very light and crisp.

[​IMG]

14. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Tommy I see you have that 13" EV2 barrel in there, that was a great barrel when cut down to that length!

15. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Cheers Neil - I think we will see more of them overtime.

I have just been on to BAR website and funnily enough they are doing a kit to convert AA 4 and 5 series rifles to Bull Pups - may give that a chance. 410 or 510 bull pup sounds like it could be worth exploring. That said is the HFT 500 the same shape and size action as the 510 anybody confirm?

16. tillygti6

Yep it's a fantastic barrel. It has started to need a bit less cleaning and staYs on song for longer. So its actually getting better!!
    Now it's sniping rats at 40 yards!

17. john0neuk

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Looking nice is that the single shot or RM3 version? Tried one a while back in a custom lam stock - nicely made.

Noted re the Daystate Electric trigger - I get on OK with my Air wolf and am used to it, but your right it ain't a patch on my Ani 9003 trigger or the ISP with Ani trigger I had a while back. I think triggers are a bit like scopes - very user specific though.
    kr

18. tillygti6

The hft has thinner barrel than sporter and higher breech and thicker barrel that s410.
    [​IMG]
    I started this a when ago and binned it. Didn't like it. Will start again in new year.
    I started with an off the shelf kit a few years back.
    Ultimately I ended up rebuilding the whole thing properly, with some actual though into trigger leverages etc. Your best bet would be to get the fx and go from there. As currently all the off the shelf kits are poop.

19. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    Can you tell me is there a rail under the stock.

20. Ste Hughes

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    Not as standard, but I did add one myself.