Just to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PaulD, Apr 6, 2009.

1. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Hi, my name is Paul Dunwoody im a member of Tawd FT club and ive been shooting for around nine months. I caught the "Bug" after buying a C02 rifle from our local market for plinking. I then made the fatal mistake of buying some Airgun mags;) after which the invitable happened and i became hooked. I joined Tawd shortly after and after seeing some of the FT rigs i was smitten :D Due to eyesight problems i have to shoot left handed and i bought a second hand Mk3 Daystate Ftr of the airgun BBS and after buying a cheap Zos FT scope off evil bay i was up and running. I competed in my first big shoot at Newbury this weekend and while it was quite daunting at first i really enjoyed it.
    I Had a personal best on Saturday and shot with a Kiwi guy who now lives in the U.K Called Don (sorry Don i cant remember your surname) I crashed and burned on the Sunday due to me dialing a full turn out on my turret which took me four or five lanes to sort out wot a pillock:mad: I had a late rally and finished up four points short of my Sat score so i cant help thinking "what if ). Nice to meet all the guys and girls and put faces to names (hello Roger Moy ) Well done to all the guys and girls and roll on the next one.
    Im now officially an FT addict Cheers PaulD

2. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi Paul welcome to the Breeze.Donald old is my name and it was great to shoot around with you on Saturday.How did you find the wind on sunday ,did you shoot early or late.
    Cheers Don:)

3. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Hi Don, good to meet you mate it was nice to chat and shoot at the same time (helped my nerves no end:)) I shot in group nine and to be honest i blew it big time as there was barely a breath of wind :( a real missed opportunity. The friend i came down with (Andy Finigin) showed me a little mod to the scope to stop me doing the same thing again so hopefully thats one mistake i wont make next time :D See you again at another shoot? Take care mate.
    TTFN Paul

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Remember my first Inters/Champs... first comp ever outside the club (we were there as guests, shot for scotland)... first time on the clock... could barely load a pellet or hold a kill at 45 yds with the nerves... Rich took the piss, but he wasn't much better either. Was absolutely staggered at the level of shooting. Seeing the Midlanders rolling, that hasn't been tempered much.

Not sure I even had a 3 in front of my score, even after adding up both day's scores! :D

A year later and i'd scraped qualifying for the team... and a year after that my score actually counted towards the points.

I'm always thinking "hmm, this time last year..."

5. LeeEv2

LeeEv2 Member

Hi Paul, was a pleasure shooting with you on Sunday,glad you enjoyed it so much:)look forward to chatting to you again Lee:D

6. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Same here Lee i really enjoyed it even though i messed up :mad: Any word on your scope yet? that was a real bummer. Hope to meet up at another shoot sometime im defiantly hooked on the sport despite everything. But if it was easy i wouldn't do it anyway.
    See you soon, Paul

7. RobF

Club:
    Wasn't another Nikko going down was it? Kev's went tu somewhere before the 35yd'er on the last lane before the 2nd section...unusual since they are so rock solid. But then I guess with that many being used so much for so long, a failure now and then isn't something unusual.

Don't sweat the error Paul... just stick it in your routine that when your going past a turn, to make a mental note and get it back down a turn as soon as you finish. Once stuff is firmly in your routine, unless your distracted, it normally sticks there. Next time you'll know you can make amends. :)

8. PaulD

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Thanks Rob im getting there, (slowly) Andy Fin showed me a little dodge which makes it impossible to do so thats one mistake i shouldnt make again (i hope:D)
    Lees Nikko wouldnt dial as the reticule was sticking and he had to tap the turret to try and free it!
    He ended up using hold over.
    Bit of a worry as a new big Nikko is the next upgrade im thinking of to replace my Zos and as you said quite a few where giving problems over the weekend.
    Nowt wrong with the Zos but if i get a Nikko i can just forget about it as for the money i wont need anything better for a long long time.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  9. RobF

Club:
    It's the first time I can remember hearing one go down on a course, let alone two.

I think the nikko is a safe buy...

the only thing i'd check on new one was that the POI didn't move when the mag was changed, i've heard one or two that had to be swapped back because of this (but bear in mind that is over a few years). Still reckon it's a rock solid buy... there were loads in action at the weekend.

10. LeeEv2

LeeEv2 Member

Hi Rob,Paul,when i sat and thought about it id had my Nikko 6 years, time flies:eek: so its had alot of use..would deffo recommend one to anyone;)
    Lee

11. rich

rich Active Member

Lee, did you get an answer from the importers re the scope?

Offer is there if you want to borrow one for the next GP.

Rich

12. LeeEv2

LeeEv2 Member

Hi Rich, been onto them and told them the situation and waiting for a call! they said i can have te next that they can get thier hands on:D time will tell:rolleyes:
    Thanks again for the great offer your a true gent;)
    will keep you posted,
    Lee:shot: