JSB pellets not available for long.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by chrisc, Jan 6, 2010.

1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I have heard many rumours over the past few weeks about JSB only supplying Air Arms and Daystate. I've tried to contact Air Ammo to see if they are folding (i'd heard they were) but can't get an answer. I wondered if anyone had heard differently?

I've been in touch with Pavel at JSB and he's confirmed that only AA and Daystate will be re-badging JSB's. Webley havn't had any 7.9gr EE to rebadge to mossies due to allegedly not paying invioces.

2. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well that's not good then. So what happened ??

LAity

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The last time I spoke to Paul about pellets (the summer) was that this would happen, he wasn't sure about Webley Mozzies and that he would be allowed to sell JSBs....

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

I'll keep on trying to contact Paul by phone...if i hear anything i'll update the thread. Although nothing is signed yet i think the 7.9gr EE's will also go to AA (Pavel hinted at that anyway)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I wonder if Falcon will keep the exact express RS's...

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Bad news I hope that this is only a rumour:(

Dave

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    :( not good news Bob were are you now:D

8. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    jsb pellets

i have just spoken to paul from airammo
    the situation is at present it is buisiness as normal

however sometime in the next 6 mounths the stock will run out .

jsb have said only to supply via airarms as of this year

paul has stock at present and a order due in

so at present keep ordering from paul

9. Snike

Snike New Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    JSB / AirAmmo

The situation is that late November I asked JSB what was happening regarding pricing for 2010 as I hadn't heard anything and usually have by that time. The reply was that they had decided to deal with only one company as of 2010, which was Air Arms > Rothery. I assumed from this that Daystate & Webley would also lose access to JSB pellets regardless of the name on the label, however, if Chris is correct then I appear to have been given misleading information.
    Only 4 months ago, after another attempt to shut me down failed, I was assured by JSB that they wouldn't stop supplying me but obviously something has happened in the meantime to change that situation.
    I am expecting a delivery at the end of January, which will be my last and which under normal circumstances should last for about 4 months. I will obviously carry on trading until I run out of pellets so keep ordering, as Mike said in his post.
    I would like to thank everyone that has dealt with me over the last 5 years and particularly those that supported me when similar situations arose in the past and voiced their opinions to JSB. I guess they now think you are captive consumers and will simply carry on ordering from your local retailer.

Paul
    AirAmmo

10. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

They might get a bloody shock then, come on Bob get the original Defiant prototypes into production :cool:

11. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    If tell Jsb what we think

Have just asked the question of the Jsb sales department will let you know what they have to say.;) ,dam have have miss out part of the Heading,If we tell Jsb what we think about this.
    Here is the email
    kolebacova@schulzdiabolo.cz

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  12. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

If only! I'd spank a big wedge on those, they were mega pellets. Shame they never made it into anyone elses hands!:(

13. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    jsb

i think this is a case of the big boys using there power to shaft to smaller ones

poor show by jsb.never had a problem with airammo all pellets arrive all ok and no tins damaged
    we get what die number we want ,

cant see that happening with airarms (rotherey),

i would have thought in the present economic climate that jsb would have kept there supply options open

14. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Probably the best way to go Don - Pester power!

15. JAGXKRS

Not sure which part of european Law it comes under but I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to do this. I.E if Paul wants to be supplied and there are no legal reasons why he can't be supplied then I am pretty sure JSB have to supply him:cool:

16. villiers

Club:
    Bisley
    Have had Paul deliver by hand at a GP did a bulk buy with 4 other guys and he brough them down to Newbury , thats what i call service cant see the other lot doing that.

17. MojoCrow

MojoCrow New Member

Well, if Air Arms can't play nice with Falcon (at least neither company will have to drive far to perform a drive by shooting:rolleyes::D) then the situation with JSB/Air Ammo/Daystate is liable to turn real ugly, real fast.

My grievance with one supplier scenario is that you simply don't get the problem solving ability of other pellet 'brands'. How many people have had a problem with one make of pellet that hasn't been solved by a change of batch or head size but has been solved by changing to another JSB 'branded' pellet. The one supplier issue will only be a happy one if there is an adequate & varied choice in pellet type, size, weight, etc..

18. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I think JSB may find they shortly sell less pellets in the UK as I won't go back to the days when I couldn't get the dies I wanted & I often received damaged pellets.

Since dealing with Paul at AirAmmo i've never had a damaged pellet, I'll definitely be trying pellets from other manufacturers once my current batch runs out:mad:

Come on guys & gals, get emailing JSB, maybe they'll change their mind if they know how we feel

19. JAGXKRS

Stropogram sent:D:D:D

20. Weevie

Weevie Banned

I'll be sending an email but I doubt it'll have much effect.

Given that AA rifles are probably the best selling rifles in the UK (might be wrong but I doubt it) and that people who aren't as well informed will probably plump for the AA pellets to go with their AA rifles I can't see a hundred (if we're lucky) complaints are going to shift the mind of JSB.

The other thing to think about is that it might not be JSB's doing. I have no information that leads me to think the following and it's purely speculation and may not be correct but AA are probably a customer with quite a bit of oomph and if they and Daystate decided to put the arm on JSB then JSB might consider it worth their while to go along with that. Like I said I've no reason to think that's the case but it's one of the many possibilities.

I wondered about the legality of refusing to sell to Paul myself but I'm no lawyer. :D

I might give the RWS a go. I believe some have had success putting those through a Pro Target