JSB Exacts...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RyanM, Sep 3, 2009.

1. RyanM

RyanM Member

Hi guys,

Sorry to plague the board looking for info, but whats the concensus of the best size for these pellets?

I have a boat load of 4.52 arriving today but wondered was there much demand for the 4.51/4.53?

Cheers in advance,
    Ryan
    Intershoot.co.uk

2. Feral

Feral New Member

My Dommy likes 4.53's although more experimenting is in order (which needs to be done soon as I am down to my last tin of 4.52/4.53 and Mossies but I also have a tin of Falcon 7.3g coming from Ben on Sunday)

might be worth sticking a poll up Ryan?

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    completely depends on batch for me... i'd be more concerned with testing all the batches/sizes and see which works, buying a lot... then next time around doing the same thing.

the head size on the tin is a complete red herring in my opinion... stick some through a sizer, and roundness of head aside, you'll see that most heads are way under 4.51 even in a 4.53 tin

4. RyanM

RyanM Member

I thought so. Need to order the others then!

Cheers guys and any other answers appreciated!

5. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Don't make the age old mistake of putting a few through the barrel and deciding they are not working in that barrel - I would only test them properly after putting a considerable amount through the gun .

Sort , weigh , size , same batch ............. good luck . lol :)

I always thought 451's were perfect in my guns until I tried 452's on paper , the difference was amazing and I must have scraped through on a few splitters in the past when using 451's I know that !!!!

atvb

Dave

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Tried some rather good 4.52's today OMFG :eek::eek: Mozzies are redundant. Pete I'll give you a bell in a bit I need to come and see you tomorrow if possible, problem sorted re grouping past 35yds:D:D:D

The mozzies will be auctioned at M.A.D all proceeds to ChrisC Combo Fund:D

7. Ratgunner

Ratgunner New Member

Ratgunner

Hi Ryan,

Have just moved to JSB 4.52's with my Brocock Contour and FX Typhoon from AA,

Results most pleasing particularly in consistency, clearing the bull number at 35yds with both guns, not buying vast amounts as yet (broke really)

Jesting apart, Weihrauch 95 hates JSB's and AA's :shot: but will knock nails in with Webley Lazadome 4.52's

pellet to barrel in my book, ATB, Bernard.