jon horwood custom grip sets

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by bullhead, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bullhead

bullhead Member

Club:
    HFTL
    hi guys i little review of my grip set done by jon horwood (jonH):lev
    i contacted jon regarding a new stock and grip set for my steyr LG100. not easy as you can not just change the grip set needed a whole new back end for my gun.
    the process from the start to finish was a very pleasant experience, i did not think for 1 min i would get as much input over the design and shape i wanted, and if i could not choose that then jon said what wood would i like :confused: (the woody stuff from trees was what i was thinking).
    in the end i went for Zebrano and rose wood end caps and inlays with a oil finish . the centre bit was made from ash as i wanted it to be painted black to keep the original look of the steyr with Jon's own design and style. jon gave me a update with photo's every stage of the way.
    the stock and grip set arrived and it was christmas again 10 min later i was fitting it to the action, it fitted as if it was an original part i could not believe he done that without the action.
    the finish to the wood work is exceptional, all the metal work is also to a very high standard very well machined
    so if your looking for a new grip set jon horwood is the place to go

thanks again jon

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/chrischeyne/DSC_0021.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. JonH

JonH Airgun Custom Designs

Club:
    Cloybank
    Thanks Chris for your very kind words :D :D:D:D

3. john0neuk

john0neuk Well-Known Member

Club:
    Dartmoor Marksmen
    Can endorse the above - Jon did a lovely job on my 9003 in my gallery. Good guy to deal with and has skills!
    kr

4. scruff

scruff Member

Club:
    purley chase
    i have one

jon also made me a grip set left handed....totally agree with above post very good service...fully recommend.

5. nudge it just a little

nudge it just a little New Member

I believe John no longer makes grips now

6. mono

mono New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    John has just built me a rear stock for my LG100. A super piece of kit with an adjustable length of pull. I just need my wasp coloured grip staining to match now.
    No request appears to much trouble for him.

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I have the hunter type butt and hampster for my steyr from Jon . great bloke to deal with . really nice wood work , nicely done with good attention to detail . i recommend him highly ??? HOLLY :)