Is it who you know

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Old slider, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Well where do I start,just found out havn't got in Cambridge rd,applied quite a few weeks before closing date but apparently full,did the same at previous rd and got in,am new to hft and air gunning in general and also got a couple other family members involved as well as was told by local club it is a friendly sport,mind you have yet to see any competitive sport that is that friendly when it gets to the nitty gritty!these uka rds is it a case of if your face fits or good old who you know,why bother to have a closing date would like to see if my entry was I fact the last,shot at Cambridge on Sunday and they were still taking entries didn't bother to enter cos thought I would already be in,oh we'll live and learn,good luck to any mad members who managed to get in ,if rich gives me some paint and a brush I can give the plinking range a coat I'll probably be the only one there!

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Entries are just entered as they are received, nothing to do with whether your face fits or not.

We close postal entries earlier than the round so we can do the groups, lanes, paperwork & cards.

3. dnic

dnic Share the Love

Club:
    Misfits, Australia OMT
    Old Slider,

It's the early bird who gets the worm.

There are two sessions, am&pm for all the shoots. Each session has a maximum number of 90 people. Total for the day 180.

All the dates and venues are posted at the start of the the years series. Together with the booking in form.
    One can select which competitions they wish to shoot, send the required booking in form together with their remittance for the event.
    I applied and paid for all the dates that I was going to shoot at the very start of the series, a number of people do the same.

There is a tremendous amount of organisation that goes on behind the scenes (Scooby noted this in his reply) hence the cut off date when the event is full.

I can assure you it is not,if your face fits, your in. Booking early is the answer. It's is a prestigious series and attracts at lot of competitors.

The last round at Buxted is on the 19th October, you can send your request for a place, now.

David

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    When did you send your form off and what is your name? as you say in the first line you applied a few weeks ago, and if that is the case if i received it you would be in?
    Nothing to do with if your face fits its whether you get your form in on time.

There is a deadline which is this coming Friday, but if the rounds are full then obviously it will be closed sooner.

5. Will south

Will south Member

Club:
    MAD
    So if you sent the forms off for cambridge the day after the MAD second shoot, you should be in is that correct?? Plus we sent on the same form for the last shoot at Buxted that must be in time??

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

If your name is Ian Clark (as we have been told) then UKAHFT have never received an entry form for Cambridge from you.

If you contact Pete Sparkes then he can add you to the reserve list & you might get lucky if someone drops out.

7. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Assuming that the forms have been received then you should be on the list.

If you are in any doubt then contact Pete Sparkes at the address listed on the UKAHFT website and ask if your entry has been received.

8. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Yes would have been in on time, i haven't received a form off you other than MAD?

Pete

9. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Its also the first to get shot,yes that would be the way to do it,but what if you don't start air gunning till July !

10. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I too can assure you it has nothing to do with whether your face fits. Sparky shoots every round and lets face it the only place his face would fit is in a police id parade! :D ;)

I am also sure that Pete will now demonstrate how friendly the series is too!

11. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Is it who you are

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL,I'll take your word for it,mind you I was told how friendly the hft community was:)

12. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    So what are you saying?

I have been airgunning for a few years and I sent my form and payment in at the beginning of the year, should I be chucked out so you can shoot?

The UKAHFT works on first come, first served and that is the only fair way to do it.

Gary

13. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    The HFT bunch are very friendly, but I would suggest that in future, if you have a problem, call Sparky and don't start attacking the organizers on shooting the breeze.

14. johnd1

johnd1 New Member

Club:
    quarry hunters &furnace mill
    hft

I don't know who you have shot with mate but I only started shooting hft this year
    and have found everyone to be most friendly and most will help you if you ask.
    as for your face having to fit I can honestly say that if you get your form in on time
    you get to shoot simples.i would also suggest that slagging off the organisers may not
    be the best way to make friends if your new to hft.if you are ever paired with me I can
    assure you I am friendly and would certainly talk to you.so talk to people and youll see
    most are ok.

15. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Surely you would have noticed that your cheque had not been cashed and money taken from your account?
    I would have thought this would make you wonder if your form had gone astray in the post,
    Those Welsh posties are a dodgy lot:rolleyes:
    This should have then led you to call the organisers to ask if they had received it.
    Or maybe its just me and my OCD that makes me look at my bank balance :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  16. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Hmmm,slagging off is a bit strong,all the people I have shot with have been friendly and not shot with,not sure where all this is coming from as I only asked a question is it if your face fits,as I sent my entry weeks ago just automatically thinking I would be in,then see the list and not on it,oh well big enough and ugly enough to admit wording was wrong(open my mouth put both feet in then whole body)but I certainly not happy people saying attacking or slagging off,the whole things been blown out of proportion,because of a postman !!!

17. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Hi,the only example I had to go on was the last round,where I found out from the website I was in ,the cheque wasn't cashed until a couple of days before comp so I wasn't to bothered because there was still nearly 2 weeks to go and I'm not the type to keep bothering someone to see if I'm in,haha perhaps I should have done in hindsight,also I say again all the people I have met in hft have been friendly

18. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Hi Gary, I think you'vre miss read my answer the bit that said I'll take your word for it was to tenchs joke about sparkys face in a id parade,as I havnt met sparky and then all the people I've met have been friendly including you! Not sure how that can be construed as attacking the organisers,thanks

19. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    It'd be the postal service I'd be concerned about; this might be the third time this year I've heard either personally or remotely of forms going missing posted to Pete.

20. Old slider

Old slider Member

Club:
    Mad
    Thanks at least your reply isn't about slagging someone off or attacking someone I'm milder than Clark Kent