Is it that big a deal?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by shaun eustace, Jan 21, 2019.

1. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Rex

*Doffs cap*

That's dedication matey and I hope that clears up for you as soon as possible.

Frank

Good post ( #35 ).

I've heard a few moans from members saying they weren't coming again if the courses were that tough ( the courses weren't really all that tough ). I do agree though that most people enjoy the banter before, during and after a shoot as much as the actual shooting, so as long as that is plentiful then that will do a lot to keep people coming back.

rex&amy likes this.
  2. rex&amy

rex&amy Active Member

Cheers mate, I'm not sure where dedication stops and obsession starts. I'm sure I'm blurring from one to the other sometimes. However, I didn't think the course was that hard, there were some really clever targets that were very gratifying if you got them and frustrating if you didn't. The hardest part was switch wind and that's what made it much more fun. I know my group loved your course.

3. Bensile

Bensile Well-Known Member

Club:
    Emley moor
    So to look at the title of the post.

Yes it is a big deal and we like it where it is for new shooters as well as the most experienced. Drugs helping the occasional one of us. hope all is well soon Rex.

The major factor is that a donut increases the banter levels which is why in the end the majority of us all shoot.

Local shoots get to encourage and nationals get to test the bravest soul.

Sounds like the balance is great.

Bring on 2019 and my trips to the cake shop. Doh

subaru swift, rex&amy, frank and 2 others like this.
  4. Brennan

Brennan Member

Club:
    Mendip Shooting Club
    I'm from the south (west) and a miss is a miss. If you need a 1 that bad even though its obviously a miss then more fool you. Your never going to improve. I used to do archery and there was one family who always shot together and always won a trophy each. Every one knew what was going on and getting booed and comments every shoot didn't deter them from carrying on what they were doing. If your not sure, then surely take the donut and try and shoot better next time. Thats the only way your going to improve.
    Bren

tboy and Bensile like this.
  5. Bensile

Bensile Well-Known Member

Club:
    Emley moor
    Back to the title does matter.

In today's wind.

YES

Scores destroyed and potential winners down to the pack.

We love our scoring system.

Pidlar, subaru swift, frank and 2 others like this.
  6. shaun eustace

shaun eustace Member

Club:
    Maldon and District (MAD)
    So that’s a resounding YES to changing the scoring then!
    I must say I am surprised as I thought the majority would want to stick with how it was...
    I will be starting a petition which (when I have 10 names on) I will present to ALL the main shooting federations and demand that the will of the people be followed!