is it fair ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by FUBAR, May 14, 2009.

1. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

when a target gets pulled everyone gets a 2 , but what if you already got a 2 on the pulled target this can put others scores up higher then yours through default and in a close comp like for example sihft this can make the difference between gold silve or bronze . just my thoughts really although others have made comments about this in the past . i aint bovord or nuffin init.:D

whats your thoughts ?

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Problem is what if you got 60, we can't have 62.

Hopefully with the new system of changing a target not pulling it, it will only be on the rare occassion that a target being pulled will hapen again.

Pete

3. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Lets hope that others adopt this too Pete - nothing worse when someone ' over takes ' your score due to a pulled target .

atvb

Dave

PS : If I got a 60 I wouldn't care if someone else got a 62 though .lol

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    How will that work Pete? (he says in an enquiring manner...)... if someone shoots it and the target is change to be correct (and thus probably easier), won't you get earache from those that have shot it and failed to put it down?

I doesn't bother me... i shot the over long stander at bisley's SH meet, with a springer, unsupported... i hit bugger all else, but the moral victory when it was pulled gave me bragging rights in the car park and shifted conversation away from my 40 odd score :D

5. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    No mate as everyone knows if you don't query the target when you are on the lane then thats it, and it only gets changed if 100% faulty.

And now we brought this in targets are getting called less.

Seems to be working well this year as we only had to "pull" a target at LV and that was only because the strap wasn't holding it in place.

Pete

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Ah, I see... Cool :)

7. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    i have always thought it not right that you got a 2 even if you had a zero on your card,if you got a plate fair enough .
    why not adjust the cards after the shoot and take the zeroes out of the adjustment , if you get my drift