IR scope battery Change.....?

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by skipper, Jul 24, 2009.

1. skipper

skipper New Member

Ok ive got myself a new rig, a Hw 100 (i caught that little cheerleader winking at me at Bedford country pursuits) and a MTC IR scope.
    Now the question is this....... at bisley i found that some of the targets were very hard to see the(edit ..the crosshairs against the).. KZ when they had been shot by alot of shooters (black silouette with splattered KZ) in the woods so i got myself an IR scope to combat this........if the battery died halfway around the course are you permitted to change the battery or is that tampering with the scope? :confused:
    Also if your battery dies and it says on your score card your using IR.....would you be sent to the naughty boys chair ?(mind you LAity would be sat on that ) :D

Thanks for any replies :)

Ollie

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  2. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

IR isn't going to help you see a killzone. That's always going to depend on the optics you choose. It may help you to see the reticle against a dark target or dark background though. Can't stand IR on most scopes though, even for hunting in poor light. The best IR I have seen is that used on the Leupold MK4s. Most IR scopes have settings from bright to heart of the sun. About as much use a tits on a bull.

3. skipper

skipper New Member

Sorry vimsy should have explained myself better :eek:

I could see the KZ but lost my cross hairs against the silouette hence the ir.
    and when i mean lost then i mean completely gone , sorry bud

The MTC IR goes from normal crosshairs to increasing brightness the darker the situation, so it isnt bright all the time (clever) :)

Ol

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Hi Ollie, To use your illumination at a UKAHFT shoot it needs to be set on your desired illumination before you take your first shot & that illumination number put on your scorecard.

If your battery dies half way round the course then you can change the battery but you must be careful not to change the illumination setting

5. skipper

skipper New Member

Cheers Pete,
    Appreciate that mate, cheers bud . Just wanted to be sure. :)

Ol