EFTA Interested in South Africa 2020?

Discussion in 'EFTA Official Forum' started by RobF, Aug 13, 2019.

1. DazF

DazF Active Member

Club:
    Mendip FTC and Oaktree FTC
    Yes please

NeilM and Brian Marsh like this.
  2. Dale

Dale Active Member

The resort is rather nice, I stayed there for several days a couple of years ago - the swimming pools are great. Lets not mention the tennis courts though....................(there is a story there:eek:).

In terms of attractions, if you want to see big game animals the Pilanesberg National Park is an easy drive from the venue and you also have Sun City to visit as well if you wish which is on the edge of Pilanesberg. These lie roughly 60 km by road, approximately 55 minute drive.

There is a handy guidebook available for Pilanesberg park: Pilanesberg National Park

The UNESCO listed 'Cradle of Humankind' lies about 35 km to the south-east as the crow flies.

The Tswaing meteorite crater lies over 70 km north-east in a straight line and again is easy driving.

The Hartbeespoort Dam area is about 30 km east and features a number of good restaurants and curio shopping opportunities.

DazF and Adam like this.
  3. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Thanks @Dale Thinking of combining it with a family holiday. Apart from the pools what is the resort like for kids? For sightseeing the big animals are a no-brainer but do you know of attractions that might interest my 7 year old who's difficult to spark any interest in anything but Minecraft, buses and fire engines! :D

4. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
  5. Dale

Dale Active Member

Hi Adam,

Given I wasn't there with children myself, I cannot give you a full rundown of what is available for them.

If it helps here is a link to the ATKV Buffelspoort website that may help with your queries: ATKV-Resorts unparalleled hospitality for the whole family

I would say that when I visited it with my friends, there were a lot of families at the resort and plenty of young children, all of whom seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Sorry I can't be of more direct assistance on this one.

I see Neil has just beaten me with a link to their website.

DazF and Adam like this.
  6. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Thanks both. I've been browsing the website but you can't beat a personal experience.

7. FT DK

FT DK New Member

Club:
    Blackbrook
    Yep. Want to go. Any info would be great

8. Mr H.

Mr H. I am not even a number.

Club:
    NARPA - OSS. - Harriers FTC. British Field Target Council - Pre BFTA
    Interested. Idea of costings?