Info for English shooters on Germany 2013

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Aug 22, 2012.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    This is a little rumour control...

Germany will be handing out places to the EFTA firstly based upon PCP team requirements and then with the remainder being handed out to Springer Teams etc. That's how Volker portrayed it to me when I spoke to him after the Prize dinner at Norway. He will be requiring deposits.

With an expected 300 places and 30 or so countries in the WFTF that means we could be looking at 10 places, perhaps a little more depending, but we should be thinking that, once again, places will be severely limited.

The expectation is that Germany will have a website for details up by end of September and they hope to have sorted place allocation by January.

I'll be talking to Mick this week to confirm his direction which will be sent to the committee for discussion. I expect this will follow the same lines as last year (Masters/Inters) for qualification for a place, with the addition of a non refundable deposit being required (obviously if you don't qualify it will be refunded, however if you do qualify and then drop out, it won't). However it is a matter for the committee to discuss, so make your views heard. We want to wrap this up by the end of the month to give people enough notice.

We will get as many places as we can.

A little bit of history. We have consistently made suggestions that the WFTF consider the problem of demands on the worlds, and look to be more closely involved with hosts. We were assured months beforehand that there would be no issue of places, but it seems either that the demand on the event was not expected, or that has become subject to the limitations of running the event. I can assure you that despite the EFTA's prime purpose being to select a team, the event is still considered something that should (within reason) be considered open.

So put your thoughts to your rep (after properly considering them), and we'll see what comes out of the woodwork. Given the non ideal situation we want selection to be as fair as possible, and accessible as possible, giving the most amount of notice as possible, but we have to be realistic we may not get a solution that is perfect for everyone.

http://thebfta.net/forum/index.php/topic,410.0.html tells you your EFTA rep's name in your region

Attached is the PDF flyer sent to us.

Attached Files:

2. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    "a challenging circle course of about 4 km length around the BDS Shooting Range.
    "Toilets, compressed air stations, medical service and free beverages will be provided there"

Some of our "larger" shooters may need it ;)

3. RobF

Club:
    We know how popular biathlon is in europe ;)

4. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    This sounds like a repeat of Norway this year? I was all up for going this year after competing in both Hungary and Italy only to be told that due to the size of the venue the competition was a "team only" event! I had booked the hotel ready and had to cancel my pre booked holidays as there is no way I would qualify to shoot for my country. After doing all this I was asked did I want to shoot as there was a shortage of interested parties? If the venue ain't big enough to host a proper worlds it shouldn't be considered for the event. Hungary and Italy hosted super world champs so it can be done to please all.
    Just my thoughts.

5. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    So this is the world team PCP and spring cmampionships when will the world individual championships be held?:confused::confused:

6. kilty

kilty Member

Club:
    SPRINGFIELD ARC
    Hey Steve
    Let's form a breakaway:D

7. IAN TAYLOR

IAN TAYLOR Member

Club:
    PONTEFRACT
    The World Championship is to find the top indvidual shooter all these are add ons ie team,springer,lady and junior.To have the qualifers at the masters / inters is unfair because some people are unable to attend all the winter league and do not make there regional team.The only fair way is to have the Worlds qualifiers at western park the Euros, if we have ten places or twenty we have all the qualifers names nice and early and every one can make arrangements for the next years World Championships.

8. PeteM

PeteM New Member

sounds like a plan...

sounds like a plan...

9. ajtone

ajtone New Member

maybe the winners of each grade of this years GP season should be included.

and the rest to come from weston park:)

10. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    As ian as said this is an individual event and the team event etc is a bolt on...First come first served seems the only fair way like our gp process. i didnt do norway this year simply because i need to get the time off work well in adavance ie christmas before is when i have to nominate holidays.. As the event seems to fall in the school holidays i have to book two weeks off during this period where everyone wants holidays for family time etc. It is unfair for me to deny someone at work that time off on a whim that i may or may not be going and wont know until april.. also Its a lot of exense that has to be planned for in my case and im sure im not alone worldwide on that score so i want to know that im going for sure prior to the start of the year. As was norway this year by the time i could possibly have gone due to the late available spaces i was unable to take even a week off work and also put funding into place.
    The only fair way for anyone wanting a crack is first come first served.;)

11. TOOL

TOOL Independent FT Pumper

Humber Bridge , Barrow-on-Humber in Bomber County
    Club:
    EFTA England
    Been here before Ian, old ground on deaf ears ,when i proposed this idea some months ago i was poo poo'ed as a few people said too me " i can't do Euro's for this that or the other reason ? well i struggle with a full Winter League due to work commitments so it's a case of you will never please very one ?

I think it's the way forward the Euro's , it's 12 months in advance , hard two day shoot, with all the top boys there !
    You could register interest on the day pay deposit then base the top eight on a ladder system of qualification, if you drop out next man up, simples.
    I fully enjoyed Norway, mainly as it ran like clock work, Andy Kays worked his bollocks off & also Me , Gilly , Calp & Jamesy had a mega time & the best laugh ever especially when the Roy Boliver doll was presented ! .....................................................................................................................

BUT

At the presentation on Sunday night there were some new random classification almost down to a trophy for " Veteran Springer who owns a Dart Board".

Yes ! fully back the team side of things always nice to see England at the top & certainly based on Germany's performance over the weekned they chased S/A all the way.

But it's an Open event to determine an individual World Champion surely ?

Think the World's is drifting in the wrong direction IMO but maybe a change at the top will move us forwards not backwards like it has been drifting, and before a get shot down in flames it's great to see a really big mix of nationality's taking part, even Johnny Brazil who did Riverdance on the Haggis Cannon ! :mad:

Only my thoughts, it will be wrong !

Karl Pilkington is my hero !

12. T2Stu

T2Stu New Member

Thats ok Ian if your doing the Euros, Worlds shoud be open to all NOT just the top ten,

13. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    Worlds

Not that it matters to me ,but it does seem a bit unfair for those that want to go to the worlds that you have to qualify ,
    If the worlds as a individual event the it should be 1st come first served ,
    I cannot se how you can qualify either at the inters or euros ,some people won't be able to go

Anyway just my opiinion

14. RobF

Club:
    Not aimed at anyone in particular, i'm only quoting Ian because it's a concise reply he's made.

I don't understand what the fascination is with the Euro's over any other event ... I suspect there would be more complaints about not being able to attend them with just a few days notice than an event several months away. No weekend will be perfect for everyone, but one further away will be easier to plan for.

And we are hoping that as per last year, the few who were not part of their inters team, would again be allowed to shoot alongside. We had one team member who did just this, and qualified, this year.
    Indeed there were several who did this, but then dropped out afterwards.

First come first served would see all the places gone already. I can imagine the smiles if me, helen, mick and lyndeen and those on the EFTA committee were the only ones going because we got the email first...;)

If the winners from each grade were selected, that would mean several existing world champs wouldn't be able to make the team... this way, it's suggested, everyone stands a fair and equal chance.

There have been other suggestions to choose a team, like whoever did best at previous worlds, or finished in the grades using %'s, but this is unfair on those who didn't know, springer shooters who now shoot pcp's, those who haven't shot for ages, or those that carry a high % from just a handful of shoots.

If springers want to put in a team, and if it's confirmed they would be taken on before any individual places are given out (which is my understanding), then they can qualify with springers at the weekend chosen, and rank alongside each other... because after 8 pcp shooters are chosen, there could be just springer shooters going. I will know more when I get the entry system confirmed. Another reason why the Euros could be too early.

As for booking in advance, it would be a suggestion that as deposits would be refunded if someone failed to qualify, book time off, stick deposit down, try and qualify, and if successful there's no problem. If not, the only problem is what to do for a week in September next year. Flights and ferries will be easy to book much later.

I agree that there is a drift in away from providing an open event. Also that it's not ideal that announcements are left until our season is almost closed, and meant to be reacted to before it opens again.

Don't bang your head against a wall looking for a perfect solution because there isn't one. Look for what the biggest problem is to solve, then work down the priority list. The solution needs to be as fair as possible to start with, give as much notice as possible to as many people as possible, and easy to organise as possible.

The situation isn't ideal, nor will the solution be, but we need to make best of what we have been handed.

15. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    For italy they just opened booking in on their tinterweb site and we just sent paypal payment and enterent details although i do understand through your hard work and negotiations managed to secure something like 18 spaces that time around...simple if it just worked like that like we do our gps

16. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    I agree with all all comments that this should remain an INDIVIDUAL OPEN COMPETITION,

I cannot understand why a problem is being created from something that doesn't exist.

Italy, Hungary, Ireland etc. had no problems and the team was formed from the people who entered, not vice versa.

If a country cannot deal with the number of applicants then they should relinquish their interest to the next country who can cope.
    I am in no way having a go at Germany as they have the knowledge, expertise acnd scope to hold it properly.

It should be primarily an individual, not team event, or it will end up the same as this year with many top shooters choosing not to participate. If the best don't go then it's not a true World Champs and it will turn into a pointless exercise and complete farce.

Dave Scho

17. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    FT is getting bigger and more popular. 30 countries are now affiliated with the WFTF, each are entitled to send their 8 best shooters. No easy solution to it guys and girls, we all know that's there's 25+ guys in England alone that have what it takes to win the Worlds. Not all countries have this quality and quantity of competitors but the problem arises when 40 from England want to go, as do 12 Welsh, 16 S Africans and so on. Then you have all the local neighbouring countries to Germany all wanting a piece of the action. What do they do?
    There's only 150 targets to shoot over 3 days.

I chatted to RobF about 150 targets and only 1 target per lane. This allows 150 competitors all shooting at the same time, with 3 partners per lane you have 450 shooters.
    Germany has a massive forest location to hold it, problem will be the numbers looking to attend.

If you ask me its all gone a bit silly.

18. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    I also think England should do a lucky dip for the team selection from all GP shooters.
    It might give S African's the opportunity they are looking for to win the team event which has been avoiding their best efforts in recent years.

19. RobF

Club:
    They did, but the spaces we took were pre-reserved via our liason... although it may have seemed first come first served, it wasn't. Indeed they limited their own countrymen's places so they could make more available for us and others.

20. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    It seems to be the case that the 8 places for each countries teams must be named and paid for byJan 31st.

The Germans are sayintg there can accomadate gorups of 4 per lane so a maximum of 300 places.

The spare places to be sorted when all countries "team" of 8 have been registered and paid for.

I expect there will be spare places for the English shooters after Jan 31 2013.