Increase performance on the FT circuit

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by TeamZ, Mar 16, 2009.

1. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    [xFLOAT=left]http://shooting-the-breeze.com/internal/FT%20Beans.jpg[/xFLOAT]Increase performance on the FT circuit

Hi chaps,

Well, up here in the midlands we have had a cracking Winter League, with tough courses and very tough competition. We have also just completed the Midland Masters and the Frayed Knot Championship.

I know Val won't mind me saying this, but over the past few shoots Val has come on in leaps and bounds. During the latter Winter League shoots he scored 27 ex 30, two 28's, in the Masters he was in a shoot off for 5th place with FT legend James Osborne and yesterday he shot a 29 in the afternoon course at the Frayed Knot to give him an overall 7th place!

Well done to that man this season, but there were a lot of people asking what has he done differently this season. Well, as a good friend and fellow club member I can let you all into a little secret –- Beans.

Not just any beans, but Dowry Hill Wonder Beanz. These have been tried and tested over the past season and after a lot of research on how these beanz react to wind, the proof is conclusive - they really do work!!

Now we have approved them as safe to issue to the FT community, they will be available at GP1 at Harriers. These beanz are a snip at £7.95 a tine - ask yourself, can you put a price on success.

Cheers (and well done Val) :):):)

Chris

Attached Files:

2. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Not sure you should have let cat out of the bag Chris, especially at that price, what a steal!

3. LeeEv2

LeeEv2 Member

So he has been Farting and blowing them over???:D lol:eek:

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Tried ordering a case, but the website is down. However I had an interesting chat with the young lady on the freephone number... but she was more interested in me blowing my own stash of beans...

do you use them straight from the tin?

5. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Chris, are they sized & weighed?
    I used to be a Heinz man but have recently defected to Branston, I find them more consistant in wind down range!;)

6. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    So THATS where i've been going wrong, Aldi cheapies straight from the tin! :D

Well done too Val, watched you a bit on the white course on sunday, poetry in motion m8! :)

7. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Straight out of the tin chaps,no sorting, weighing or lubing required.

We have a new batch coming in next week, orders taken at the GPs. If you want to win, get a tin.

Cheers

8. j.waterfield

j.waterfield Member

Club:
    Harriers and Old Pheasant Pen Wood Field Target
    If you want to win - Get a tin

I managed to perloin a case, blarppp, of these beans, blarppp, and I am not, blarppp, sure if they work at all, blarppp, belch, belch, I have tried them straight, blarppp, from the tin, belch, and also warmed up in the microwave, belch, blarppp.

Just had another look at these , blarppp, beans I have, and I think they may be, belch, counterfiet.

Is there a way of, blarpppppppp (ripper) confirming the contents are genuine ?

John blarpppppp Waterfield

9. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Dear Sir,

I am sorry to hear of your misfortune regarding the purchase of your case of beans.

Please note that we have encountered a batch of imitation beans, imported from the depths of the west midlands. However, rest assured that if the tins are purchased direct from myself they will be the real deal.

Yours faithfully

Reginald I Popoff

10. j.waterfield

j.waterfield Member

Club:
    Harriers and Old Pheasant Pen Wood Field Target
    Dear Reg

Thanks for the info, the wind seems to have abaited now (thank god), I do not want to be fooled again with sub standard beans, in paticular the ones from the black country ! thaem reely windy yeow neow

When I went back to the shop and complained they said, no, yumm allright our kid, them beenz is formixin wiv bacon, theym realy grey pays, surves yeow right four eattin um raw an only warmed up yeow pratt.

Are well you live and learn, maybe next time Ill try the faggots an peays

John Waterfield

11. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    I`ll give the beans a miss Chris. I might end up soiling my lucky pants!:eek:

12. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Trick is, NO PANTS Andrew.