Importing to netherlands?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Umbra, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Umbra

Umbra New Member

Hi people.

I want to emigrate out of south africa to Netherlands within the next 3 to 5 years and I'm just wondering, does anyone have experience with moving to the Netherlands?

I ask because I want to take my airguns with me as they have sentimental value. all of my guns are .177, if that matters.

sorry if this is the wrong area to post, but it's something that's really been nagging at the back of my mind.

2. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    Over here in the Netherlands all airguns are free, no license needed.
    We even have 9mm 700+J airguns for example, just need to be 18+ to buy it.:confused:
    That said, we have a small but very close group of Field and Hunter Field Target shooters.
    Even the new HFT world champ is from NL :p
    Regards,
    Rob

RobF likes this.
  3. Umbra

Umbra New Member

that... honeslty excites me a lot, lol! so I can bring my rifles into netherlands with me with my stuff without worry then?

4. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I've read that replicas and even airguns which vaguely resemble "real" firearms are banned, even including air pistols like the HW40 which resemble an automatic pistol but aren't replicas of any specific type. So I'd check for each make and model just in case.

5. sven

sven Active Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
    On the subject of 'airguns that resemble firearms' I'd like to add that this has been better defined in the law in the last couple of years. In the past (years ago) the law was very vague on the definition of 'resemblance' with the result that customs and police officers did not know exactly what was allowed and was was not. And a few airgun buyers had their guns confiscated at customs when they tried to import airguns that where bought abroad on the internet.

These days there is a much more defined regulation. Copies of firearms and airguns that have certain parts that are meant to resemble a firearm (like a big box magazine or mimicked ejection port) are still forbidden. But don't worry about the FX, Evanix and such tactical looking airguns. These are allowed and sold in the Netherlands.
    When in doubt it is the easiest to check the website of a dutch gun dealer (www.krale.shop is a good starting point) . What they sell on there is free to own in the Netherlands.

PA410goodshot and Adam like this.