I'm entering my first HFT comp this year!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by clifftop, Jun 26, 2009.

1. clifftop

clifftop New Member

Not sure, when or where, but I have decided to give it a go.

To make it a bit more of a challenge (like I really need to...:rolleyes:) I will be using my .22 Theoben Scirocco.

My good mate Gary (Grayling) is going to give me mucho advice and set-up a practice shoot session.

All I need to do then is get my head round the rules of HFT and I'm away...

Watch this space... It might prove interesting!!:D:D:D

2. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Mate you will have a blast i am sure. Once you get your gun zeroed up and you know the hold over and under then your laughing. I am sure you will really enjoy it bossman.

Keep us posted

LAity

3. skipper

skipper New Member

Cliffers think really hard about it before you do!!!!!! im being serious mate, once you pop you just wont stop!
    It is the best thing ever bud and takes over mine and Lou's lives. She started off by following me around the the HFT shoots and sitting in the car while i do my thing, then she deciced she wanted a go last year and now beats me regulary :)
    Will be good to see you mate !!

Ollie & Lou

PS Lou was good with the old Rimfire we had in NZ (coke can at 80m), i hasten to add :D

4. blackscale

blackscale Member

Fool!!....:rolleyes::D:D

Goodluck chap!

5. raygun

raygun Non member

Cliff,

The Fort Charity shoot would be a good start, you'll be there anyway.

Don't listen to Gary. He's OK for walking long distances and lifting heavy weights but you need someone "technical" :D

Now needing someone "technical" is the first problem as none of us qualify. We will however do our best.

Just join in mate, have a laugh and enjoy yourself.

ATB
    Ray.

6. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Cliff, if you fancy coming around the course with Andrea, Chris C and myself at Fort we'll be happy to help out. Chris is determined to coach Andrea so she beats me, which means there'll be loads of barracking and instruction flying about the place.:D

Failing that there are plenty of top blokes due to attend I'm sure they'll be happy to help you pop your cherry.:):D

Ryan

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  7. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi Cliff

How's you mate ? :D

Wherever you go you will enjoy it , if you tell them you are a hft virgin I am sure someone ( perhaps of a gay persuasion ) will show you the ropes .

After a couple of years shooting hft the best advice I could give anyone would be to take it for what it is , a bit of fun albeit ' safe fun ' .The minute you decide you want to get the best scope and rifle things will change like the need to beat last weeks score or beat the gobby tw@t with the steyr ( or equally expensive gun ) .

I can honestly say I have never met such a good crowd of people and it always amazes me at how good the banter is even when you are the only shooter with a B2 ........... OK so that bit was bullshite . :D

Enjoy it Cliff

atvb

Dave

8. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club

Thankyou RAYMONDO :rolleyes: thought we were buddies :rolleyes:. I have often told sir Clifford of the excellent craic during these weekends and the good laugh had by all on the way round the course. Plus being able to give all the sweaty socks and sheep chasers the height of ABUSe that they deserve especially my little taffy pal and cousin Kev Ewes ;). HITTING TARGETS IS JUST A BONUS :).

Attending a few comps with my bezzie is something I really am looking foreward to :).

OH AND HE CAN'T SHOOT THE COMP ON THE 12th July he'll be flipping Burgers for a good cause :). Hopefully we'll be able to do a few targets hey Cliff :shot:.

9. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

How bist ya Mr Top,you and you fellow giant sized scouser types Gary going to have a goo at any of the Midlands HFT comps???

10. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club
    Bleedin ell where ever we go the ultimate YAM YAM turns up soon after, change ye name to the full RP Mac Dave, its the best YAM YAM alert there is :D.

Spose you ain't coming next week hey David :(.

11. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

I'd love to Gary owd pal but funds is desicidely very low right now:( But I should be back on a even keel next month :) :) :)