I need to recant a pellet statement

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by FPoole, Feb 6, 2019.

1. FPoole

FPoole Member

I was on a month or so ago about the JSB Exacts #7541517 3 4.52. I had stated they were crap, but I was totally wrong. It was the shooter that was crap. After some scope adjusting and a little practice, that I'd been lacking over the last couple of years, the pellets are very good indeed. I had a little evening session and there was pretty much no wind that I could feel. 10 shots inside an inch at 55 yards. If I could throw out the obvious pulled shot, it would be 9 inside 5/8ths inch. Now I just need to carry this over to our little FT get together. We shoot 30 shot matches on Saturdays and the last 2 have me with 51 hits in total. That's with 93 mm stroke and just under 12 ft. lbs. from the basically factory TX. If you can't tell, I'm a happy boy.:D

2. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    As always good gear needs a good pilot.
    I’ve tried many rifles over the years where the owner is dispairing that ‘it’s all over the shop’ and I’ve found them fine.
    The biggest problem I see time and time again is lack of trigger control and follow through.
    Get this one fundamental right and already you’re well on the way to becoming more consistent.

bootneckbob and hmangphilly like this.
  3. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Floppy Quick Phil

I expect there are refinements to be made in the 3 major ( very similar ) springer triggers

4. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Very true, get something like an Anschutz trigger in a springer and I think it would be a winner.
    Of course it's not as simple as that as by design a springer holds back the piston and a PCP just holds back a hammer, but refine the springer so that it has a similar hammer system releasing the piston indirectly and I think it would be on the right track.

5. dave croucher

dave croucher FT, the sport where simple becomes complicated

Recant, thats a whole new thread

6. FPoole

FPoole Member

I was trying to be funny with the "recant" line.

dave croucher likes this.
  7. FPoole

FPoole Member

I've shot quite a few pcp's and I think my triggers are very close to some. This particular TX trigger was tuned by Jan Kraner, a well know tuner in the U.S. I bought the gun used and it was already done, but I can say Jan knows how to tune a TX trigger. I have it set at 3.5 to 4oz. and no noticeable creep in the second stage. I tried a Pro Target that was better as well as a Daystate CRX. I say better, but I mean they had a lighter let off while still having a functioning first and second stage. You get what you pay for when it comes to triggers.

C.Eaton likes this.
  8. dave croucher

dave croucher FT, the sport where simple becomes complicated

So was I :)

bootneckbob likes this.