I Come From Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DRAGON64, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boys/Invicta/AAFTA
    Hello all, greetings from across the big pond. I live in North Alabama in a small community just north of "The Rocket City", Huntsville, Alabama. The local club that I want to shoot with, but have not in some time, is "The Good Ole Boys" up in Tennessee. I would also like to start shooting with the Invicta club, also located in Tennessee.

My passion is field target, specifically WFTF. I'm not very good at it, mostly just a hack, but I love the challenge, and I am always up for a good challenge.

Is it me, or is FT just bigger everywhere else in the world, except for the United States... just thinking out loud here. Sure I can fiund a place to shoot alright, but WFTF is limited on account the American shooters want to play their own version of the sport, a high power version... but you know that already.

Anyway, I am glad I found you, and I hope to latch onto some of your knowledge, and incorporate what I can into my own discipline.

2. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Welcome, its the challenge that keeps us coming back for more :cool:

If it was easy, we would find ways to make it more difficult :confused:

Lots of great FT advice on here, what kit do you use and how is it set up?

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Hi Dragon64 - I guess you were a 1980's computer buff?! Great name..

Welcome to Shooting the Breeze buddy. Enjoy your stay and enjoy your shooting.

Stay safe!

Ash

4. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Welcome.

5. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Welcome a board
    You maybe a hack but you have the right attitude so you won’t be a hack for long

6. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Club:
    My rig? Nothing too fancy starting out: The base is a 2010 mfg Benjamin Marauder. I have installed a drop-in Lothar Walther barrel and a Huma regulator (set to 96 BAR). The Huma setting may be a little low, but I am getting sub 12 and nearly 80 +/-shots at the current tune. My greatest expense is a custom walnut stock that I ordered from Gary Cane. Ordered the stock in May, to make the September production schedule. Jane also helped to finalize a decision to add a Peter Jacobs butt hook for the stock. I have not heard status, so I can only assume that Gary Cane is on course with the build.

Once paid up, and I get a little more capital built back up, I hope to get a Sightron III mounted on top. Right now I am making due with an older AEON 10-40X50 with the discontinued field target reticle. I picked up the stock from Hector Medina, one of the team members representing Team USA at the World's.

7. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard You Gave, i took lol Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    It's October!

Welcome to stb

8. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Club:
    Thanks for all of the warm welcomes guys & gals, it is very much appreciated!