I am an idiot!!

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by AndyIoW, Dec 7, 2010.

1. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Having a few problems with my AR5s not holding a charge, managed to go from 200bar to 50 over 30 shots (last 6 droping 3"+ at targets less than 30yds). Would normally have sen tit to Ripley to fix but it has a Nick Murphy reg in it. After shooting at the N Oxon Winter League round got given his number but only just realised that I left the peper in the trousers when I was them :rolleyes: .

Does anyone know if
    1. Nick is servicing rifles or has stopped doing them.
    2. Any one have his number
    3. Anyone else who might be able to fix it. Just I know my limitations.

Many thanks

2. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    If Nick has stopped doing them Dave Welham has done a great job on my Ripley in the past

3. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    John Ostler 01158770024 he used to work for ripley now works for himself he services any make any model

4. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Fairly local to me but last I heard he was quite busy, but will give him a ring once I have found his number (work blockign my search for his number :eek: ).

What area does he live in as it may be within driving distance of a friends and could go and see them as well.

5. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    He live's in Ilkeston about 4 miles off of j25 M1, if you can get your gun to Sywell this sunday i will drop it off for you. Mr P

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Kilty ?

Why not give kilty a PM .he has EVERYONES number ??? HOLLY

7. flintlock

flintlock New Member

Club:
    Purleychase
    Of no help in this instance , but why did you have the original reg changed ?

8. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

I suppose in search for consistancy.

The original reg went back to Ripley twice within 6 monthsbso thats when I decided to have a different reg fitted and Nick's was the one I choose. However I ow realise that it was years ago when I changed it and it has performed faultlessly until the last few months I think.

Only reason I say few months is that it was 'playing' up a little before I went on a 2 week holiday and then 3 weeks in Mexico for work to return to do a Winter League shoot the weekend after. So 6 years of working is pretty good in my eyes. My other Ripley is using an original reg and that is now 15 years old and has been serviced 3 times in its life so far, last service being 2009. Only thing that has changed is it went off Premier 7.9s but goes very well with 4.52 JSB's now.

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    davey penman in scotlaand is pretty nifty with a ripper!:)

10. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Call made off to Johns this weekend.

John also said I am a strange one as driving up there on Saturday morning and then driving back in the afternoon after dropping it off :D . Don't trust the post office staff with my pride and joy, besides got not a lot else to do.

11. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

It would take me all weekend to do the run up there and back again :D :rolleyes:

12. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Offers still on

13. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Thanks for the offer but will be at our club on Sunday. It would also probably take me just as long to get there as to John's place.

Car needs a good run to clear it out as they say, short trips do not do it much good. Besides I actually like driving. Leaving at 8am I should be there just after 11am.

14. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Well John has done the job and I collected it yesterday. Has sorted the trigger, reg and replaced the o-rings. Only problem is that there is too much snow and wind to go zero the scope in.:(

He also thinks I am a nutter for
    1, Driving up there from Portsmouth in 4hrs
    2, Turning up on the doorstep with a t-shirt and Polo Shirt on (with trouser etc :D ) whilst he was dressed up with hat and coat.
    3, Going to Royston to collect a scope
    4, Driving all the way back.