HW100SK right choice?

Discussion in 'Weihrauch' started by DeeGee68, Feb 28, 2010.

1. DeeGee68

DeeGee68 New Member

:confused:I am new to air rifles and purchased a new Weihrauch HW100SK .177 with a 3 litre Air cylinder. I last held an air rifle (break barrel) almost 20+ years ago. I at that time wanted a HW77 but my pocket money would not stretch that far.
    I bought all the air gun magazines and finally decided on the HW100 but have noticed that there were other rifles I should have considered such as Daystate, Air Arms and Theoben and am now wondering if this was the best choice? I also have just bought a HW97K springer in .22 as I wanted to have the 'old school' feel.
    I wanted to try all types of shooting and wanted a rifle that could do well in all fields from targets to hunting.

Have I made the right decision?

SoberYouth.:confused:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

It'll do everything from FT to hunting so for what you want you're laughing. If I could only have 1 gun it'd be my 100.

Ryan

3. ikarma70

ikarma70 New Member

Ryan is spot on plus if you did start FT/HFT and decided you wanted the full length version for the extra shots you could easily trade it.

I had one for FT shooting and although it hasnt got a match grade trigger,it comes very close if you spend time tinkering with the adjustments.

4. DeeGee68

DeeGee68 New Member

Thanks guys.

5. skipper

skipper New Member

Quality rifles.....i have the full length and the missus the karbine.

Ryan knows his onions so i would rest easy :)

Ollie

6. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    No way Ryan your Walther is better by far and you know it.

7. FirestarterUK

FirestarterUK Member

i think you have done exactly the same as me. I have an hw100 and a hw95 for old time sake.

Dont be put off by all the hype on other rifles, you can spend another 1K or so and well , you may just have an improvement slightly. The thing is its how you shoot and the HW100 is exceptional.

I did put a custom stock on both my rifles, CS800 and it made a huge difference, otherwise you have some smart kit there.

Rich

8. gillieman

gillieman New Member

I have always had Theobens and this time last year i had 3 Mfr's a Mk4 is and a Hw100. Slowly but surely i have got rid of them all for the 100!!

I even got rid of the Mk4 which i bought to myself, for myself, after completing 23 years in the forces, so i could buy another one.:)

9. Rhys

Rhys Member

Club:
    Freelance
    I also have an mfr, as well as an AA mpr which I used to use for hft...I don't now as my hw100 in single shot mode is far far better fitting for me and I reckon more accurate too.
    As said above, I too bought a custom stock, a ginb...and it's perfect!

10. gasman1

gasman1 New Member

the hw100 is just as capable as anything else out there. for the money you wont get a better rifle. its a good allrounder. same with the hw97k. for recoiling hft/ft its probably the best springer out there. only the tx200 comes anywhere near.

11. welshmikie

welshmikie New Member

hi deegee68 i bought myself a hw100 ks yesterday and think its a great rifle like yours its in .177. my last rifle was a theoben ttr1 in .22. ive used the same scope a mtc taipan and zero'd it in today and im really impressed, only downside is the scope looks huge on the rifle