HW100 Barrels - 31cm, 41cm, and ....

Discussion in 'Weihrauch' started by JasonGoldsmith66, May 20, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
  2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
  3. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    Yes, the 60cm are the one's that come in the FAC versions of the HW100.
    I bought one of these and had it machined to Steyr at 48cm lenght, ideal as these barrels are very good and you get factory machined 1/2" thread on them. It's good value for money. The factory machined crown could be better, so I did that as well. First FT match with this barrel was a victory.
    The .22 versions you better stay far away from as these are very bad, not any pellet will group with these, but that's almost a public secret.
    regards,
    Rob

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Cheers on your comments guys...

I only mention 60cm, as Spurloss69 says he has a 52cm HW100 barrel...so I thought he bought it at this length, and have yet to find this length on any German website...unless he bought a 60cm, and cut it down ?

Rob, to dispel some myths on 0.177 /4.5mm HW100 barrel, how do you personally rate them versus Steyr & Walther barrels ? are on par with those ?

In which case the example you use, then I will have no qualms about getting it eventually for an LG400 mod project ! :D

PS: I also forget, a 2nd barrel such as the NEW super long Steyr LG110 barrel will also be used on the LG400 as a comparison for performance in this project...sometime at end of this year.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  5. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    I find them very good, but I guess the Barley Twist might be better, but hard to get ;)
    The barrel is a bit thinner in diameter (15.85mm) to the standard Steyr (16mm) or black hunter (16.15mm),
    so the barrel is lower in the action. You need to look after the breech diameter during machining, si it doesn't touch the bolt when closing.
    On the picture the mentioned HW100 barrel, cut down to 48cm. The muzzelbreak is only attached as silencers are forbidden in Belgium, where the FT shoot was (1st place).
    http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/album.php?albumid=132&pictureid=1030
    as said, good value for money.
    regards,
    Rob

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  6. SnowBall

SnowBall Member

Club:
    AZCFT Spain
    I use an HW barrel in my dominator. I has 54cm long and shoot ´s great. Works very very good on 16J and 21J.
    Now the HW100 has a different barrel cuase the FSB model, thinner than the old ones (and not so good) There are 2 barrel version in 16mm diammeter (15.90 mine), with 1/2" machined thread, and without it. Someone told me that the HW100 barrel with the machined thread were better than the others...
    It ´s a very good value as Rod said. Always speaking about the .0177, I know too the 0.22 are not so good as 0.177.
    Pepone uses in his Steyr a 60cm HW barrel (for 24J), and I know it ´s one of the best guns in Spain.

7. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

OMG ! Aren't you revealing 'trade secrets' by telling us all about Pepone's Steyr :eek: :D:D

I saw the picture of his Steyr on the thread review he does about the S&B PMII....

If 60cm HW100 barrel is good enough for Pepone....then thats a stamp of approval :D

Thanks for your comment
    :cool:

8. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Thanks for the info. Rob....much appreciated about the barrel diameters info as well !....

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  9. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    It will be difficult to keep the original lenght of 60cm when you buy the HW100 barrel.
    As it is pre-machined specific for the HW100, you will find that the first 5cm are not usable, at least in a Steyr, but in many other guns as well.
    If Peppone has a 60cm barrel, he must have used a blank 605mm LW barrel I guess.
    So max lenght if you cut off the pre machined HW100 breech part will be approx 55cm.
    That would equal the new Steyr FT barrel lenght, but I doubt if it will bring better perforfance than a shorter version. Lock-time increases as well, as front weight.
    That's why I kept it at 48 cm, just a bit longer than the standard barrel, but enough to give the extra room for the modified quick-fill adapter on the cilinder and a silencer.
    The thread on the end is quite long (2cm), so when crowning the barrel I had that shortened a bit as well to 1,5cm.
    Hope this helps making a descision, I have 2 of these now and I'm satisfied.
    Regards,
    Rob

10. SnowBall

SnowBall Member

Club:
    AZCFT Spain
    Now I ´m not sure about the total length but the person who machined the Pepe ´s barrel works very very good and I know he is conscientious guy. The barrel has a steel cap in the start of the barrel to make the barrel diameter apropiate for Steyr.
    More news... now the Pepe ´s Steyr it ´s in 12ft with this barrel!!

11. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
  12. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    hw100 barrel

i have been trying to get a hw100 barrel 60 cm long but its fac in england ,is there another way to get hold of one, please help, with 1/2inc unf 177. dave

13. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
  14. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Surely that can't be right, just because its 23" can't simply make it FAC. I understand a machined barrel can only be sent to a RFD from a RFD but have you asked what is the non FAC length of barrel permitted then?

15. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    I got mine from here, probably you will need a translator, if our Spanish friends can't help I will try.

http://www.sermasports.com/menu_armeria.htm

The price list

http://www.sermasports.com/PRODUCTOS/carabinas_weihrauch/DESPIECES/0-lista_precios_piezas_weihrauch.htm

The part number is 46.16.3241 2678b cañón HW100 c/4,5 de 60 cm. 92,77€

16. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Ive sent you PM.

:D:cool:

17. Pepone

Pepone WFTF World Champion 2010

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    Since 2007 I have a hw barrel mounted on my steyr. The barrel hasn't been cut, to fit to the steyr action a sleeve was used and mechanized the loading port. I dont know exactly but the lenght of the barrell is about 58-59 cmts. The groups are very tight with heavy ammunition, JSB heavy and barracuda hn in FAC power(21-23j) . Here in Spain you can use it to compete in FT till 24J.
    You can use it too in 16j airguns, but I think it must be shorted, between 48 and 55 cm maximum, for a optimum acuracy. JSB express groups very well, and there are more shooters in Spain that use this configurations. I know one with an evo2 with hw barrel in it, shooting express with tight groups.