Hw 44

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve Bowers, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    I see that Redbeck Shooting Supplies are saying they have them in stock and was wondering if anyone has tried one ?

I was in Henry Kranks just over a week ago and they had only just been told (by a customer ) about them.

:eek:

2. jdwynn1976

jdwynn1976 New Member

Club:
    broadland air rifle
    hw44

Had n't even heard of it - not the daintiest of things is it:rolleyes:

3. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

The HW44...Once seen never forgotten.....

Because it's bloomin awful! It's a 110 for the little folk....if Evanix released a pistol looking like that it'd get a good slatin'...and rightly so. Lazy uncreative tat....all it's missin is the ' Swat' version with attached torch, lazer and zippo lighter from Bear Grylls!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Do I take it you don't like it Tom ?

At the end of the day what counts is whether or not you can knock the targets down and I've had 4 HW100 and found them all more than adequate when it comes to accuracy so it certainly has the pedigree.

And as to it's looks there's an old saying " one mans trash is another man's treasure !!":D

5. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

HW ENGINEER: "it's a real shame having to throw out all these barrels, can't we just trim off the bad bits?"

HW BOSS: "We could, but what on earth can we do with hundreds of cut down HW110 barrels?"......

HW ENGINEER: "How about a 110 Pistol!!"

HW BOSS: "Great idea! £639, bargain! Well done, have a pay rise."

HW ENGINEER: " But you can get 4 SMK pistols for that price!"

HW BOSS: "You're fired!":D

6. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I love HW kit but that is gopping, not to mention a missed opportunity. For a German company with the status of 10M shooting in Germany I don't know why they couldn't come up with a more match oriented offering, priced to compete with the Hammerli AP20 and Rohm Twinmaster. Although the UK pistol (H)FT market is tiny, if they included a sight rail (even as an optional extra) they'd pick up lots of sales in the US from the silhouette crowd.

7. Bezzer

Bezzer Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    It does come with a rail as well as an optional moderator but at over £600 for a chopped up HW110 it's taking the ****.
    [​IMG]

8. shedman

shedman New Member

I think they will drop the price when they don't sell any

9. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I know that thing comes with a rail. I was suggesting that at that price point there would be a bigger market for an entry to mid level match pistol to compete with the Hammerli AP20 and Rohms.

As match pistols generally don't have support for mounting optics they could offer the rail as an option, thereby also covering the outdoor target shooting markets with one pistol platform. So with open sights and anatomical grip, it's a 10M variant. With a simple grip and a rail instead of open sights it's a PFT/Silhouette pistol.

But then I've never understood why HW don't "target" the competitive Target shooting market more. 10M is massive in Germany, and FT is also quite big and growing. For example the HW100/101 is a great potential platform for a 10M or FT rifle at a much lower cost than the competition.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  10. Tiger

Tiger Member

I must be getting old, my 'sense' of what is a fair price for things must be years behind.

They've either misjudged the market or we can expect a (very unwelcome) major hike in prices for all guns - good job I bought a new walnut stocked 100T a few months ago (for only £130 more than Solware's price of the 44).