Howdy all!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DVS1, Jan 9, 2012.

1. DVS1

DVS1 New Member

Hi fella's & ladies

Finally got round to posting an intro on here!! lol

Avid airgun hunter with the big .25 calibre, Rapid Mk2 and have worked up from springers, legal limit pcp to now what I consider the ultimate hunting calibre .25 :)

Don't wanna start a whole calibre debate as all will kill live legal quarry at sensible ranges ;)

A mod on the Rapid 7 Owners Club site and also on numerous others.

Look forward to learning new tricks of the trade from others here.

atb
    DVS

2. lcp

lcp Member

hi

Hi DVS, have just got an air ranger in .25 running jsb 25.3g at 940fps. Have a notion its a bit too fast. Do you have a velocity which is good for this calibre?
    Greg

3. DVS1

DVS1 New Member

Hi Greg

I run my .25 Mk2 Rapid at 910-915fps or 47ft Ibs. I've found anywhere from 905fps to 915fps is good accuracy in my barrel. Some lads have run there's at 950fps with good results too.

How new is your Daystate??? It may be the new barrel needing to be leaded in a little OR the reverse cleaned and then re-leaded.

It may be a case that your barrel may prefer a different pellet.......tried H&N Barracuda's at all??

31gr and a slightly more pronounced trajectory but are a very accurate pellet. I use JSB Kings over Barracuda's purely due to the lighter weight and accuracy isn't much difference ;)

Here's a group with JSB Kings at 100yd lazed on a 75mm steel disc.

[​IMG]

Can't remember the exact amount of hits but it was around 12 consecutive strikes.

Hope this helps some Greg but anymore I can help with just shout fella ;)

atb

DVS

4. lcp

lcp Member

a few weeks

Hi, the ranger is a couple of months old but have only put through approx 100 shots. Filled to 250bar and first 10 shots were lower through the chrono average 920. next 20 average approx 940 and last 10 average 915. Fill pressure at this stage was approx 180bar. was thinking of turning down slightly. When i was shooting at a target accuracy seemed to improve at lower end of fill pressure.
    Your group is excellent at 100 yards.
    Greg

5. DVS1

DVS1 New Member

Thanks Greg, was well pleased with that day!!

You may need to wear the barrel in a little more mate, as 100 shots isn't alot, although these big bore wind suckers do foul up quite quick.

I fire through a few roll up fag filters when I notice the accuracy drop off and give it a good pull through every couple of months and then a zero session should have me back to tip top accuracy.

Maybe worth giving your barrel a pull through to get all the muck out and then have a zero session to see what accuracy is like. When you about to re-charge your buddy bottle fire 2 or 3 roll up fag filters through and then re-fill to see if that removes excess lead build up but leaves the barrel leaded enough for optimum accuracy.

Another thing is the Ranger regulated??? If not it maybe worth trying different fill pressures, 240, 230, 220, 210 etc to see if that flattens out your FPS curve. Obviously if its a regged gun each shot should be within a few FPS of one another.

Hope that helps some what buddy.

atb

DVS