How strong is a steyr and leup comp

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by bigpaul, Oct 23, 2011.

1. bigpaul

bigpaul Member

Club:
    springfield arc
    At the club today one of our members run over his gun bag (soft bag) with his front and rear wheels.
    He walked to the club and told us about what happened,he didnt open the bag thinking he had made a mess of his gun and scope.Very upset he phoned his son to come down and see what he had done to his kit.

His son brought the gun bag down, so we all got round the two of them to see what mess was going to come out of his gun bag.

He got the gun out and looked at it, it looked as it should.
    He got his grandson to take it to the zero range to see how bent it was.

After 5 shots at 35yrds as it sould be,then all the ranges from 8 to 55yrds SPOT ON.

So Steyr and leup comp undamaged, HOW LUCKY WAS HE.

Was it luck or is it that the steyr and leup comp are that strong?????

Sorry Peter but i had to put this post up as i could not believe there was no damage to gun or scope.

Paul.

2. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    I don't think that he actually managed to run over the scope to be honest. It may be that he ran over the muzzle end of things for example. Just my take on it, but I would be very surprised if a scope escaped undamaged.

I may be wrong and he did in fact run over things smack across the middle, in which case he rates and one of the luckiest people that I've heard of. Was the ground pretty soft??

3. mattev2

mattev2 New Member

Club:
    Lea Valley
    he ran it over on sand ,and he did go straight over the scope, and snapped his hamster and grandad is a verryyyyyy lucky man :D

4. mattev2

mattev2 New Member

Club:
    Lea Valley
    if you ever see grandad in his car run for ur life and dont leave nothing behind !!! for e.g your gun

5. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

OK next test, balance it between two chairs and jump up and down on it, let us know how he gets on:p

6. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    I think that's what saved him then, a real stroke of luck to get away with that :eek::eek:

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Big

And the car was not a small one either . it was a fair sized vauxhaul ??? HOLLY

8. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    That aluminium chassis must be pretty damned strong. Dont think I will try a repeat with mine though. glad it all ended better than could be expected. I did more damage to a Steyr when the gun bag strap unclipped and the whole shebang landed muzzle first onto concrete. Maybe Grandad should consider doing the lottery this week.....

Andy

9. mattev2

mattev2 New Member

Club:
    Lea Valley
    we jumped up and down on some chairs with the steyr on it and it was fine :p no damage at all :p ,
    we went down to the club today and it was shooting better than it has shot before , so watch out for kent on sunday he said he will be shooting a big score but i highly dought that soo no worries ;),
    hes doing the lottery saturday night :D