How much do you pay to shoot

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by hawk1, Sep 4, 2009.

1. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Hi All

Just wondering what is a average rate is for a hft shoot.?:rolleyes:

And how much do you pay for membership and does that cover insurance est ?

how many times do you get to shoot at your club in a month.?

What do you pay at your club per shoot and does your club make a profit out of it.?

Are we in it to make a profit.?

At my club we pay £50 per year for adults and £25 per year for juniors and oap,s this also covers our insurance.

For this we have excess to a indoor rang two nights a week. £1.50 range Fee.(Free tea and coffee)

We also have a HFT site which we shoot at least ones a month for which we pay £4.50 all of which goes to the land owner.

Is this a good deal ?

Should we be paying more?

Derek

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Compared to most sports air rifle shooting is damn good value for money, unless a club owns the land then the person who does has to make a profit for the club to be viable especially if they're a farmer giving up crop space. One thing I don't agree with is charging for coaching or advice which most club members would happily give for free if they could.

Ryan

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Sounds good to me. It's hard to put a price on a club, there's more to it than just the range facilities itself... things like how accessible it is, how well run, how easy it is to shoot, how often, how easy it is to get to, etc etc...

I would happily pay more for ground with a full time ft & HFT course on it with room for rearrangement, nice plinking and facilities. I'd almost kill for 50m indoors, and i would pay more for a modern indoor facilty. I'd probably saw a body part off for all of the above to be all in one place, and two parts for it to be near me! :D

4. rich

rich Active Member

Well, on that basis we are dirt cheap. £24 per annum for adults and a quid a time range fee. Open 7 days a week to members, even got floodlights for winter evenings. Tea and coffee are free but if you don't like powdered milk then bring your own fresh stuff. 300 bar air is also free. Under 18s pay half the above.

OK we don't have an indoor facility, you have to be brave enough to withstand the weather, but we do have a 42 yard pipe range where you can zero your rig in a howling gale if you want.

Downside for some people, we are a bit of a trek to get to, being an hour from the nearest motorway, half an hour from the nearest dual carriageway, and 14 miles from the nearest traffic lights. But if you want seclusion and freedom from the rat race it has to come at a price.

5. rich

rich Active Member

That question, are we in it to make a profit? I darn well hope so, because if we make enough losses the club would soon fold.

6. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Thanks

Sounds like a good deal Rich

Looks like our club has it about right based on what i am hearing.

7. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Robf touched on another point

What is macks a perfect HFT club ?

8. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Come and visit M.A.D and you'll see for yourself:D

9. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Derek

I would say the club offers very good value for money , the only complaint I would have would be the option to shoot out to 45 yards sometime in the week but that would mean more land and insurance which perhaps isn't feasable ?

Its a good club with a continued influx of new members who all seem to put in the time and effort to help run the range etc - you can't put a price on that me 'ole china !

atvb

Dave

10. martin c

martin c New Member

only a joke

:D:D better than buxted then mate:D:D

11. martin c

martin c New Member

nice place really

:D:D isnt everywhere in devon :D:D

12. martin c

martin c New Member

company ain't bad either ;)

13. Ratgunner

Ratgunner New Member

Ratgunner

Kibworth Shooting Ground (Near Leicester East midlands) AirGun: 25 quid per annum/20 quid old git! (65) 2.5 quid shoot all day (Members)

We have two covered Shooting sheds for Air Gunners one of which is for Leicester Airgun Club Members which also accomodates strays and wandererers as you do,

Corporate days etc are catered for with professional tutoring for all comers, a large and well organized Skeet Area is offered,

Plus a large linear range area for the fiendish courses for Air Gun enthusiasts laid by our resident Sadistic Gits! that Boggle Your Scopes,

A Cafe that serves the famed Kibby Brekky All Day.

And a Bunch Of Assorted Nutters, that will in the most Friendly Way, Make Your Day.

Please note: This is my opinion on the best Range in Britain, and not an advert.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  14. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Your joking mate I can name 4 that are better without even trying, brekky not bad but I've had better:cool:

15. Weevie

Weevie Banned

Coo...you on a 'get barred from every club except MAD' quest Chris?:D

(Heh:D Not that you'll be bothered about Basingstoke :D)

16. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

well sort of mate ;) i like the sounds of free air fills . it would be nice if the club orderd filling adaptors to cover most models ie AA /HW /FX ...etc could be a nice perk / touch :cool:

17. rich

rich Active Member

In reality, most members have their own air bottle and only use the club air to refill, having filled up at home before they come out. We have three bottles, and when two need a refill they go away together and we run on the "reserve" tank.

Having said that, there is one chap and his son who never seem to have any air in their guns. :mad: Odd, but it's the same people that never seem to be able to find any paint for the targets despite a shelf full of the stuff.

18. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Good advert Ratgunner;)

19. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    would be good if we could apply for grants as HFT clubs, but as we are not recognised as a official shooting sport by the NSRA we have no chance.:)

20. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    But, if you affiliated to your BFTA region for FT, then the BFTA are affiliated to the NSRA... job done.

It's not that difficult to get affiliated to your region either... you would come under CSFTA, so I can give you the details of who you need to speak to if you like.

Once in, probably best to speak to someone like Rich on here, who has raised lottery funding, and also someone like the development officer at the NSRA who has all sorts of monitary tricks up his sleeve :D

(you could always put on a little winter league FT course to say thanks :D)... that would take us up to 7 rounds... i'd love to get Meon and Basingstoke et all in on the act to get us up to 9 rounds.