how do i choose

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by martin c, Jun 5, 2009.

?

most important factor in choosing a rifle

1. overall feel

74.4%
  2. brand loyalty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. cost

10.3%
  4. tuneability

12.8%
  5. reputation

38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. martin c

martin c New Member

I am hoping to get my first pcp very soon for hft and i am interested in how you all choose which rifle to use,
    is your first concern how it feels to hold and shoulder perhaps or does a particular make sway you.
    And in these times is cost your primary concern i know you will say all factors are taken into account but which do you put at the top of your list.:confused:

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

The most important thing with any rifle is how it feels. It's easy to spends a shed load of cash making a gun suit but you're more likely making it handle like something else, but it will be unique!;) Something good quality will be well worth spending loads on to make it suit you personally - Anyone not shaped like me struggles to use my rifle as an example.

The best thing to do is try as many different rifles as you can, not just on the plinking range but around a course where possible.:)

Ryan

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  3. martin c

martin c New Member

wise words mate :)
    have shot an s200 and an s300 in competion now and both were good so i expect i will go the air arms route as fellow club members only have praise for the 400/mpr range.

4. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

Couldn't care less about all of the above. I buy rifles based on how well I can shoot them. If it's no better than what I have then I don't buy. However, sometimes a buy is a bit of leap of faith. This means that I'll save for the next purchase and the rifle it's replacing won't be sold until the new one proves itself.

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Try em all mate, if your a big bloke then you'll need spacers on the MPR stock to make it longer, or you may prefer the trigger on the EV2. At the other end my missus's stock has been hollowed out to make it lighter, has a tiny pistol grip and is really short.

Find out what you like in a gun, make a short list and then wait for a bargain to pop up so you can move quickly having done all your research and knowing what you want.:cool:

Ryan

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

So there's only you that can shoot it then Ryan:D:D:D:D:D
    Sorry mate couldn't resist;)

Dave

7. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Get an S400 Martin (or an MPR if you feel flush), you can't go wrong with a good un, try to get a pre anti tamper one, although it's not to hard to take the sheite off ;)
    Cheap 2nd hand as well, although not to expensive new..:shot:

I think Les may be selling his S410 actually ;)